PDA

View Full Version : v3.5 D&D upgraded ruleset (v1.3.1)

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2008, 22:10
Here is another revision of my upgraded d20 ruleset for v3.5 D&D. Within the ZIP file is a readme file, which contains a list of the changes and installation instructions.

Download here (https://www.johnandjenn.org/docs/fg2_d20_jpg_v1_3_1.zip)

This is mainly a bug fix release:
* NPC babgrp field crash fix.
* CT friend or foe icon update failure.
* NPC attack field script error.
* PC init while client tracker closed error.

Cheers,
JPG

Astinus
July 14th, 2008, 03:36
Thanks for the update! It's great to know you're still "supporting" the ruleset.

SniperDM
July 14th, 2008, 04:36
Agreed! Thanks a lot for these fixes. My players should be very happy.

Astinus
July 15th, 2008, 02:30
As Moon_Wizard indicated on a previous thread, I'm still getting the weird looping/cpu usage thang when using the /ctc commands.

If anyone can work that out, I would be prepared to indulge in hero worship. It would make it the perfect ruleset imho.

Sorontar
July 15th, 2008, 11:52
Excellent ruleset, so darn useful, thanks.

Not sure if you're meant to be able to drop weapons from the equipment module into the combat section but when you do obviously the fields don't match and an error is produced.

You still get the item dropped in the combat field so you can complete entry, although sometimes it drops 2 entries in.

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2008, 05:54
For weapons that can be used as melee or ranged, it creates 2 weapon entries in the combat table. (Example: daggers, light hammers, etc.)

Cheers,
JPG

Bidmaron
September 2nd, 2008, 02:04
This is fantastic. Moon_wizard, have you thought about adding the combat tracker load and save mods?
--Dale--

Moon Wizard
September 2nd, 2008, 08:37
Yes, the load and save tracker tool code is actually in the ruleset, I think. (/ctl and /cts) The problem is that I ran into a potential situation where the trackers would enter an infinite loop state when the client-side trackers and the host tracker were both open while you were loading or deleting. I never did track down the issue completely. However, if the tools are in the set, then you can use with that caveat.

Cheers,
JPG

Bidmaron
September 3rd, 2008, 02:05
Thanks, moon_wizard. I appreciate your hard work on this.

Bidmaron
September 6th, 2008, 13:57
JPG, is there a reason you didn't implement the rest of the combat tracker commands (cth, ctl, etc)? I will likely add them to my own ruleset, but I thought you might know a reason they are not compatible with something else you've done.
--Dale--

mr_joker_81
September 12th, 2008, 01:43
Ok, I may be way off in left field or something, but everytime I have tried to do this it says that the base.xml file could not be found. What I did is the following:

1. I made a folder called rulesets because I did not have one.
2. I unzipped everything into that folder where the next thing there was the d20_jpg folder and the readme file
3. I copied the module to the other module folder.

And now I get the error. Someone please help. I can be messaged here or on Skype, mcpeakj is the username

Griogre
September 12th, 2008, 02:30
It sounds like you are trying to make a local character. No rulesets other than the default d20 one can make local characters if you are the client.

Phystus
September 13th, 2008, 22:46
Will this ruleset work OK with the new 2.2 release?

And will extensions work (specifically the towns one)?

Anybody try yet?

~P

Griogre
September 14th, 2008, 02:16
I tested it briefly and it seemed fine. I also ran the 4e_JPG ruleset last night and didn't notice anything other than one player's combat tracker initiative was wrong. The Savage World and Shaintar rulesets also seemed ok. Apparently 2.2.0 did break common modules though.

I don't see why extentions wouldn't work with it but I haven't tried it.

Phystus
September 14th, 2008, 03:13
I ran the update and fired up my d20_JPG testbed campaign. Everything appears to be OK, though I didn't test extensively, and I didn't have anyone sign on. But so far, so good... :cool:

Then I tried enabling the town extension. :eek:

I had to edit extension.xml to change ruleset to d20_JPG and remove the <miniversion> statement.

Then it would show up as an option to load.

But when I loaded it I got the following error in the console:

[13.09.2008 21:53] Script Error: [string "towninit"]:1: attempt to index global 'DesktopManager' (a nil value)

The towns icon never showed up on the desktop, of course. :(

I'm thinking the new material in the base d20 ruleset will have to be integrated with the equivalent files in the d20_JPG ruleset, before the extensions will work, but I don't feel quite ready to take that on yet.

~P

turelus
September 25th, 2008, 18:04
Thanks for the awesome ruleset! Glad to see you support it still.
Was wondering though if you ever intend to add a notebook option for DM's? I know there are some guides of how to do it on here but I was having trouble getting it to work with your ruleset.

Moon Wizard
September 25th, 2008, 19:03
What do you mean by notebook option?

If you just want to keep your own GM-only notes in FG, you could create a story entry and just type them in there.

Cheers,
JPG

Foen
September 25th, 2008, 21:30
The Call of Cthulhu ruleset includes an expanded notes facility, allowing GMs to add notes and allowing everyone to decide whether to keep their individual notes private or to share them.

Once this is up and running, it is a feature I was hoping to contribute to the Foundation Ruleset project.

Cheers

Stuart

Indarien
September 26th, 2008, 19:28
Hey JPG,

Thanks for the great ruleset, there are a lot of nice features in this that I was looking for and finding them all in one spot was awesome.

Thanks,