PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Token Tags

Maxxx26
July 8th, 2008, 12:30
I have a quick question. Is it possible to eliminate the tags that are displayed when you move your cursor over a token. It is quite irritating if the players always know the name of the monster they are fighting, just because I wanted to give it a name such that I can find it in the library.

DNH
July 8th, 2008, 13:57
I have asked this myself before. While I don't think it *is* possible to make token tooltips only visible to the DM, you should know that you can edit the name of any entry on the Combat Tracker and it will update the tooltip in real time. So you could have something like "Big zombie brute" or "Goblinoid creature". I also use this to include indicators such as "(Bloodied)" or "DEAD".

richvalle
July 8th, 2008, 13:57
If you drag it to the combat tracker and then from there to the map you can reaname it to anything you want. I've done this before when I don't want my players to know what something is. So I'll have a token out there named BBEG1 or something like that.

rv

Doswelk
July 8th, 2008, 15:39
I have asked this myself before. While I don't think it *is* possible to make token tooltips only visible to the DM, you should know that you can edit the name of any entry on the Combat Tracker and it will update the tooltip in real time. So you could have something like "Big zombie brute" or "Goblinoid creature". I also use this to include indicators such as "(Bloodied)" or "DEAD".

Or my personal favourite:

Mindflayer #23 (when there is only 1!)

DNH
July 8th, 2008, 16:49
Our Warhammer DM uses MapTool which has an option to append random but unique numbers to the end of any creature name. So you could actually get Mind Flayer #23 when there is only one ... well, no you couldn't - not mind flayers in Warhammer! But you know what I mean.

Chaos Cultist #23 or Mutant #99 or something, then.

Griogre
July 8th, 2008, 21:21
I usually just rename an entry in either the combat tracker or on the personality before I drag it onto the tracker. I usually call them things like Critter, Humanoid, Reptile, WhoKnows, Grey Man, ?, Bug, ect.

You want to rename the things before you drag them onto the map and the best place for mutiple monsters is to do it in the personality before you drag them on the tracker so you only need to do it once.

Maxxx26
July 9th, 2008, 07:45
I know that you can rename in the combat tracker, just thought that someone with a much deeper understanding of the system may have a solution. If not then I think I will have to stick to renaming them, perhaps preparing the "player names" in advance and just doing copy and paste :)

As a side note, would it be possible to eliminate the tags completly, both for the DM and the players?

Thanks for the replies