PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4E - New Monday Night Campaign

Answulf
July 8th, 2008, 06:31
Hello all,

I am starting a Monday night homegrown campaign and am looking for a few dedicated players. We will be using the 4th Edition D&D ruleset and the time will be 7pm -10pm Mountain Time (GMT-7), most likely weekly with a break between adventures.

If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to post here - but please read the campaign website. It has notes on some house rules, the campaign world, my DM style and instructions for joining the campaign.

Link: Caylas Campaign (https://caylas.homestead.com)

The initial gameplan is for us to just start getting together as available and practice, play solo and one-off adventures while everyone learns 4E, FG2 if they need to and just gets to know each other. During this time, players should try out different classes and roles. Most likely a few players will drop out in the first few weeks, so this interim period is also to stablize the group for the campaign. Once we are settled in to a routine with a stable group, we will work out who will play what role/class and start the campaign.

Answulf
July 14th, 2008, 23:59
Website updated with more information and answers to players campaign questions!

Answulf
July 18th, 2008, 00:35
Campaign is now added to Game Calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=307

sabs
July 18th, 2008, 04:05
I'm interested in playing along with my friend, who should be posting.
I've been rpging for over 20years.. though I don't actually own 4E yet. Sounds like an incredibly fun setting and very nice setup. Looking forward to playing

Belizan
July 18th, 2008, 04:11
Hey, thought I would post too. Sabs and I looked over your website (quite nice, btw 8), and would be interested in giving your game a try :). Neither of us have played 4E yet (truth be told I'm going to have to go out and buy the books now), but we're both old time RPers. Should be fun, we're looking forward to it!

libertad
July 18th, 2008, 05:23
The setting looks incredible, count me in... I especially like the idea of playing some pre-mades until we get a feel for 4e and then hitting the ground running with our own characters.

heliopolix
July 18th, 2008, 05:30
I am interested as well. I have in mind a sort of happy-go-lucky sell-sword that I'd quite like to get to play.

Blahness98
July 18th, 2008, 05:43
I must say, Ansbach does have a pretty fun setup. I played on Monday and it was a fun time. 4E may be a lot different, but once you get the rules down, it is pretty easy and quick.

Belizan
July 22nd, 2008, 01:54
It's a few minutes until game start and I'm not sure where the ip address or alias for the server has been posted :/. I sent Ansbach an email and a PM, but no response so far. Anyone know what's going on?

Derga
July 22nd, 2008, 02:26
I got back into D&D w/ 4e excited about the idea of D&DI, but w/o that have been scouring the internet for a way to get into a game. I have never used FG before, but would be willing to give it a shot now that I see many people using it for 4E games.

Campaign looks great, so if there are still some available slots I would love to join.

Alex319
July 23rd, 2008, 00:14
I'm interested in joining this game as well. I just got my 4e books and looked through them all, and I'm eagerly anticipating playing this game!

glacius
July 23rd, 2008, 00:16
Defiantely interested and those times are perfect for me.

thanks

Answulf
July 25th, 2008, 01:15
Thanks for the interest everyone!

Unfortunately the campaign is full all ready - I got about half-a-dozen responses in the first two days and have received another dozen since.

We need more 4E DMs in the community, so if there is anyone interested in DMing there are enough extra players in this thread alone to start another campaign!

Alex319
July 25th, 2008, 03:22
I would love to DM (and have a cool idea for a campaign), but I've never used FG before. Is there some sort of tutorial available for first time GM's, or is there just the user's guide?