PDA

View Full Version : Up-to-date Wish List

Cirra
July 6th, 2008, 20:15
I searched the forums for a wish list that is not older than 1 year, but, alas, I couldn't find one.

So I decided to make one of my own:

1. It would be wonderful to have multiple contexts for those times when players run off in different directions.

2. It would be nice if FGII had multiple GM support. Some campaigns are just too big for one person to handle.

3. It would be nice to have a few "wizards" in the software for leveling up, treasure generation, etc.

Dachannien
July 6th, 2008, 20:41
On #3, there's a big reason why that kind of stuff isn't included with FG. SmiteWorks went along with the OGL (Wizards of the Coast's license governing how third parties can use the SRD, or System Reference Document). Among other things that the OGL specifies, it forbids you from automating character creation or the level-up process. Also, treasure generation is not considered open content, and while there are other treasure generators on the web, the fact that SmiteWorks is using the OGL is probably the reason why nothing like that was included with FG.

Cirra
July 6th, 2008, 22:08
Ahh...I see the reasoning behind it. Why would us customers buy their books if we could get them all for approximately $40.00...

Money runs the world...*sigh*