PDA

View Full Version : FG2 with FG full license

Mojobacca
July 6th, 2008, 16:02
I currently have a full license with the older Fantasy Grounds. I tried downloading the Fantasy Grounds 2 using the installer you offer in your downloads page (for both full and lite license). After installing an updating, I only get the option to "Join Game as a Player" or "Create and View Local Characters". I see no place to even try to put in the license code in any case to even see if it would work... or even should I be required to get a new license.

Dachannien
July 6th, 2008, 16:46
Did you ever have a lite license of old FG installed on that machine? It may be finding the wrong info.

If you are certain that you have your license key available (as in somewhere other than the registry), you can uninstall both FG2 and FG and then try reinstalling so that it asks for the key.

If that doesn't work, you may have to edit the registry a bit. The registry keys are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds, so if you uninstall both FG2 and FG but there's still something there, you can delete the registry keys and reinstall FG2 from scratch then, entering your license key during the installation.