PDA

View Full Version : Avegost - D&D 3.5

Alyais
July 5th, 2008, 03:45
Greetings,

For the past two years I have run campaigns based in and around a campaign setting that I have created and that my players have molded. I have deep, rich (yet unfinished!) history and cultures and as a student of anthropology the development of cultures and languages is of particular interest to me. To enhance our gameplay we use Teamspeak. I own and operate my own server.

I am currently running a campaign on Monday nights following a "main" storyline set in this world with a prequel to the past two campaigns being run "at whim". In my alternate campaign I currently have 3 players, one of whom will be joining during our next session.

Unlike the monday campaign which operates soley on Mondays, this alternate campaign is currently a "late night" (ie, 7 or 8ish starting time, EST) campaign with three players and myself DMing. The campaign is heavily story and roleplay based. We utilize forum roleplaying, forum feedback, forum roleplayer voting (for awards such as best roleplayer of the event) and general forums for chatting and discussion. We utilize the forums heavily and "in between" event roleplay is a big part of the storyline.

I'm currently looking for One player who is fine with playing late night with at least one week's notice as to the next event. Our group always decides on the next day that we will be playing at the end of the last session so nothing is ever too sudden.

Again, I am looking for One player who meets the following critera:
- Experience in roleplaying, as well as enjoying doing it.
- Knowledge of 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons.
- Willing to commit time throughout the week for forum activity.
- Willing to learn the culture, lore, and history of a custom campaign world.
- Has fantasy grounds.
- Will get, or has teamspeak (which is free).
- Has a good attitude and wants his fellow players to enjoy their time.

I am an experienced DM. I have played Dungeons and Dragons since the seventh grade and am now a Sophomore in college studying Archeology and Anthropology. I've Larped, I am an SCA member, I have played D&D 3.0 and 3.5 for many years. I develop rich storylines and typically run low magic campaigns that sit about two notches upwards in difficulty. This creates an immersive world with a lot of history, information, and challenge.

My website is at www.Avegost.com. You can e-mail me at Alyais at Gmail dot com if you're interested. Applying players simply need to inform me with their name, background, and possibly mention any conflicts (roleplaying, scheduling, whatever)

Thank you.
-Joe Landolfi

Alyais
July 7th, 2008, 15:11
History of Avegost
-------------------
Over the past several years Avegost has had several forms. I started Avegost about six years ago as a text based roleplaying game on a forum. During the time, forums such as Ayenee.com were quite large but were primarily freeform RP. I had been playing D&D now already and wanted to see the rule structure translated.

After moving to Georgia last year for college I began Avegost as a way for my group back home in Michigan to play consistantly. We used the Neverwinter Night's videogame and my expertise in both coding and the toolset helped to create a believeable world. The party fluxtuated and over time players came and went but the campaign stayed solid.

Two months ago my group stumbled across fantasy grounds and I immediately latched onto it. Fantasy Grounds is everything my group could want for their D&D games and so far it has worked well. I currently run three campaigns based in the 'Avegost' setting, which is a homebrew I have been working on for many years.

1. My main campaign meets on Mondays.
2. My alternate campaign meets at a pre-agreed date every week that we decide on at the end of the session and..
3. I am hosting a game here in Georgia that does not use fantasy grounds.

I'm currently looking for one player to play in my alternate campaign. I have not yet recieved any e-mails from players but do want to share a link with potential readers:

Obsidian Sun; by DM Bolan. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8574) This world looks quite creative. In addition to my own, I would recommend DM Bolan's Obsidian Sun campaign to anyone looking for a game.

If you are interested in joining me, and several other players, please contact me at Alyais at gmail dot com.

Alyais
July 10th, 2008, 08:12
The position is now filled. Thank you all for reading.