PDA

View Full Version : Rulesets not showing up for FG2

Morfedel
July 3rd, 2008, 14:02
Hi there.

When I installed FG2, I originally thought it would be a brand new system, so I installed it in a separate directory. When I noticed that it didnt create new directories, I checked and it was still opening my campaigns from the original directory.

I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be installed this way, but it seemed to work. However, I havent really used FG since the v2 release.

I just downloaded the 4e rules set that the FUM community is working on. I unzipped it in the rules set directory. And it isnt showing up in FG2; after which I discovered none of the rules sets are showing up in it, except the core d20.

So, I copied the rules set directory from fg1 and pasted it into the fg2 directory; nothing.

So, I then copied the fg2 files after backing up fg1 and copied them over the fg1 files.

Nothing.

So why are none of my rules sets showing up, even the 4e one?

Ged
July 3rd, 2008, 14:21
Did you copy the rulesets in the program folder (FG1 style) or to the Application data folder (FGII style)? In FGII the correct folder is something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets (Windows XP)

Morfedel
July 5th, 2008, 13:26
Ack! I didnt know they did that! Ah, well, that helps! Thanks!

:D

richard_doll
September 29th, 2008, 09:51
Hi,

so I just installed the full client for the first time in XP. However, after it finishes the install there is no \rulesets subdirectory.
I then created it manually in the full file path under the Fantasy Grounds II folder.

I then copied the D&D 4e ruleset into this folder as described in the read.me, but for some reason the client does not show the ruleset as a choice in the pull down menu. All I get is the d20 standard ruleset.
I tried exiting and restarting the client, but no change.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Richard

Valarian
September 29th, 2008, 12:09
Where did you put the ruleset? FGII uses an application directory, rather than the subdirectories of Program Files. See the above post from Ged regarding the Windows XP path. See this post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38459&postcount=5) for the Vista paths. The ruleset should go under here, and the folder should have been created during installation.