PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Issues and Character Sheets?

Morfedel
July 2nd, 2008, 14:22
I've been considering either finding a 4e game, or running one (I tend to prefer GMing). However, before I decide either way, I was wondering what issues people are running into in running a 4e game.

And does the character sheets work ok, or is someone working on new character sheets?

Thanks!

Wraith
July 2nd, 2008, 18:35
there is a 4e-Ruleset out there if you look for it.

Morfedel
July 2nd, 2008, 19:36
I was going to say, that didn't take long... but then, it looks like, from the forums on FUM, that its still in an early stage.

Wraith
July 2nd, 2008, 20:54
It is fully operational and has a lot of really cool features, but yes they are still working out some of the bugs and putting in a lot of other really cool features.

stupidhaiku
July 3rd, 2008, 04:36
We've been playing 4e with the ruleset on FUM and it works wonderfully. There are occasional bugs but we ran into more problems with wonky happenings in FG than with the ruleset itself. Only problem is everyone having to download from the DM is tenable once every now and then, but the new ruleset is updated so often that the horrendously slow downloads in FG mean you're often stuck playing with an earlier version.

Morfedel
July 3rd, 2008, 14:07
Lovely. I just downloaded it, and its not showing up; in fact, none of my rules sets are.

I just posted the problem in greater detail in the FG discussion forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8592).

hatch
July 5th, 2008, 12:10
there is a 4e-Ruleset out there if you look for it.

Do you just enjoy being cryptic for the sake of being a jerk?

Will someone please link where this FG2 D&D4E ruleset? I've searched the FUM site and cannot locate it.

Sorontar
July 5th, 2008, 13:03
Do you just enjoy being cryptic for the sake of being a jerk?

Will someone please link where this FG2 D&D4E ruleset? I've searched the FUM site and cannot locate it.

He's not being a jerk, he's being cryptic because if the FG boards are seen to be actively linking a 4ed ruleset and it is found to be illegal then you may just be waving goodbye to Smiteworks if WotC take them to court for wads of cash.

If you go over onto the FUM boards and look for the "Group" formed to develop the ruleset and check that groups forum you'll find it.

Now knowing that can you see any reason for the personal attack on Wraith, I certainly can't :(

I notice you've been looking for a 4ed game as well, from past experience it helps players in there search if they update their Location in their profile so DMs can see what timezone they are in. Hope you and your wife find a game soon.

hatch
July 5th, 2008, 13:35
Oh, well in that case I apologize to Wraith. I assumed you were doing the ye ole "it's so obvious if you just use the search function" thing so many do on forums. Again, sorry.

Thank you for the information, much obliged. I'll update my GMT status immediately.

Xorn
July 5th, 2008, 14:22
Yeah, we don't really do nasty comments here.

The ruleset is called 4E_JPG (pretty sure that's safe to point out), and it's really quite effective. Contains no rules of course, but it's great for 4E.

Wraith
July 5th, 2008, 15:08
Yes, I wasn't trying to lead you astray but I was trying to look out for SW and keep my D&D VTT up and running. If you and your wife are still looking for a game I will be starting up my 4e Open Table soon and you are welcome to see if you can find a time to play that works for you. It isn't Roleplaying heavy, but we still get a bit of character background and development.

That one I can link you to...here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=62)

Morfedel
July 5th, 2008, 16:27
8 pm friday cdt? Is that central time?

If so, and if my wife doesn't have other plans for me, I'd like to try it out myself. :)

glacius
July 6th, 2008, 03:43
It is pretty awesome and I am a 4e newb, I guess everyone is