PDA

View Full Version : Irish Newbie looking for a few good games.

Mobius
July 1st, 2008, 00:43
Hi y'all,

I've just signed up and bought F.G.! (I got my mitts on the S.W. edition too). I'm looking to meet a few reliable, but chilled out gamers who would be interested in getting get something going on a regular basis, or if no one would mind me joining a group. I'm quite happy to play or GM. Although please bear with me as I'm a complete technophob. :) So I'm still trying to fiugre things out. I've been rpg'in for over 20 years now and have a wide range of influences. Especially, horror or anything grim n' gritty.

Here are some of my main influences:

WHFRP
C.O.C.
Kult
Hollow Earth Expedition
Vampire masquerade (Sabbat style:))
Savage Worlds (Solomon Kane, Pirates of the Spanish Maine, etc)
Blood of Heroes (formally known the DC heroes RPG)
Mutants and Masterminds
D6 adventures (Godsend Agenda)
Various Indie games

I'm located in Ireland (as I'm sure you've seen), so it might be better to hook up with guys in a similar timezone (UK would be perfect). That said, I don't mind playing in a any time zone, as long as it's not at the same time as my day job. :)

Thanks in advance!:)

M.

DM_Bolan
July 1st, 2008, 02:30
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=294

Read the GM Announcements.

Mobius
July 1st, 2008, 10:07
Cheers buddy.

What's the general tone of your D&D game if you don't mind me asking? :)

M.

Doswelk
July 1st, 2008, 19:28
I'm starting a Savage Worlds Dark Matter game at the end of July if your interested....

DM_Bolan
July 1st, 2008, 19:49
Cheers buddy.

What's the general tone of your D&D game if you don't mind me asking? :)

M.

It will gradually become very dark. I say gradually becuase it will take me a while to work up to my full evil old DM self. But to begin with, it will be a lighter atmosphere.

I'm striclty a "trying-to-prevent-the-end-of-the-world" guy. I am just real early in the campaign development.

Mobius
July 1st, 2008, 20:50
It will gradually become very dark. I say gradually becuase it will take me a while to work up to my full evil old DM self. But to begin with, it will be a lighter atmosphere.

Ah, sounds pretty cool. Thanks. :D

Mobius
July 1st, 2008, 20:51
I'm starting a Savage Worlds Dark Matter game at the end of July if your interested....

Savage worlds? that'd be cool too! This might sound like a silly question, could you tell a bit about the "Dark Matter" setting?

Thanks,

M.

Sorontar
July 1st, 2008, 22:02
Product Description from d20 Modern edition: Devious organizations scheme for world domination, otherworldly forces infiltrate our power structures, and creatures from our nightmares lurk in the shadows. Working for a clandestine organization called the Hoffmann Institute, heroes explore hidden mysteries while eluding forces both human and alien that conspire to control the truth.

Not sure how far the SW game will be away from that. Doswelk?

Mobius
July 1st, 2008, 22:54
Product Description from d20 Modern edition: Devious organizations scheme for world domination, otherworldly forces infiltrate our power structures, and creatures from our nightmares lurk in the shadows. Working for a clandestine organization called the Hoffmann Institute, heroes explore hidden mysteries while eluding forces both human and alien that conspire to control the truth.

Thanks sounds awesome. Dark with conspiracies how can you go wrong? :) Sounds a bit like Delta Green, but set in a fantasy genre. I'd be well into that.

So what communication programs do you guys use? I've done a bit on Skype before, which was okay. But at certain times the quality was pretty poor. :(

Thanks for all the replies btw!

M.

Kalan
July 2nd, 2008, 05:28
If you ever just want to sit in on a Savage Worlds campaign mate - you're more than welcome to sit in on my Shaintar (which is a High Fantasy Epic setting) campaign which runs bi-weekly on Saturday evenings. I think it'd start at around 1900ish your time (next session being next Saturday).

Unfortunately the campaign is all full up atm, but I do like havin people "pop on by" for visits and such to get a feel for it.

That said, when we do finally manage to move to a bigger flat (and move closer to Copenhagen), I may run another game, but that's off in the distance of time atm.

Valarian
July 2nd, 2008, 13:08
I run a set of Sunday evening (8pm UK time) games on a fortnightly basis. There is some more information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8178) or on the Four Ugly Monsters website (https://fouruglymonsters.com) where I've got a group forum and use the event calendar to schedule games.

Mobius
July 2nd, 2008, 15:39
Thanks mate, sounds good. :)