PDA

View Full Version : Running a new D&D 4e group

Eilinel
June 29th, 2008, 21:02
Hi, I'd like to start a new 4e group. I do have some experience with D&D, both as DM for 3.0 and 3.5, and now that I got my hands on the new rulebooks I can't wait to try them out.

The campaign setting I am most familiar with is Forgotten Realms so that's the one I'll be using.

I am new to the wonder that is Virtual Gaming Tables but I've spent some time messing around with Fantasy Grounds II and am pretty sure that I know enough about the technical side to host a game

My timezone is GMT+2 but I am flexible and willing to play at unusual times - I've been playing Online Games on USA servers for ages so I am used to weird online times :)

Days I can play: Pretty much any day that suits the players best.

For starters I am aiming for a short campaign of about 5-6 sessions but if it's working well and the players are interested I am more than willing to expand that to an ongoing campaign.

If you are interested and/or would like to know more just send me a PM!!!

My plan is to get together online with all interested players at the end of the coming week (between the 4th and the 7th of July) to discuss character creations, dates and such.

Yours,
E

Eilinel
July 4th, 2008, 23:56
Hi,

I am going to put the game on the Game Calendar asap, probably on Sunday, look for "Forgotten Realms (4e) - Toramin".

There are still open slots (looking for about 3 more players) so if you are interested send me a PM and please don't forget to add your timezone and time/days you can play.

Yours,
E.

Eilinel
July 6th, 2008, 16:26
Hi everyone,

the game is on the calender now, look for:

Forgotten Realms (4e) - Toramin Twilight

My timezone is GMT+2 (GMT+1 in winter, Daylight Saving Time is active at the moment).

I can play between 5PM to 2AM my time.

Another important information:
I will be available tomorrow on ICQ around 4PM my time. If you are interested to discuss the upcoming game please send me a PM and I will send you an answer with my ICQ number.

Yours,
E.

xaotik1
July 7th, 2008, 03:49
I've got a dwarven warlock at first level if you want him, but if you prefer a different character, I can adjust as needed. I've been hoping to find a game here, but they tend to fill up too quickly.

Eilinel
July 7th, 2008, 18:23
Hi,

scheduling is hell, therfore I have set up 2 games in the calender:

a) Forgotten Realms (4e) - Toramin Twilight .... This one is for players who can play European times like 8 PM GMT and the like

b) Forgotten Realms (4e) - Toramin Twilight (US) .... This is for players in US timezones

Please apply to the one that fits your timeschedule better.

Yours,
E.

Green Knight
July 8th, 2008, 23:07
b) Forgotten Realms (4e) - Toramin Twilight (US) .... This is for players in US timezones

I'm interested in playing this one. When does it start?

Eilinel
July 11th, 2008, 21:08
Hi,

the game on Thursday evening is still in need of players, preferably a Cleric and/or Warlord.

The game on Tuesdays still needs all kinds of classes.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Yours,
E.

KraftyWizard
July 15th, 2008, 10:23
Eilinel,

I'm new to FGII, but not to D&D. I've even had some experience with 4e already (as a wizard).

I would like to join if you feel you have room for me.

It looks like from the list of players that you could use a little more "tank" (thinking a warlord or straight fighter) or maybe a wizard/controller.

If I can join, I can be ready with a character and a decent background by this Thursday. Just let me know which class you'd prefer I play. (If you don't have a strong preference, I'll go with wizard).

Thanks

*Just a note: August 7 and 14, I'll be out of town and unable to play. However, I'd have no problem with the rest of you playing and me just missing those 2 sessions.

Thanks!

hatch
July 15th, 2008, 23:14
I did not see this name on the Calendar system. Hum?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

ShadowedKnight
July 16th, 2008, 05:05
Is the US game still accepting players? and if so, what do they need?