PDA

View Full Version : Any "Burning Wheel" Love out there

Sigurd
June 24th, 2008, 10:05
Burning wheel is an indie game by Luke Crane

It has (I think) a unique die rolling mechanic. It only uses d6s but it doesn't total the rolls. Each result is used as a success or failure. 6's are often rerolled in something like 'exploding dice'.

Anyone know of a ruleset for the game, or mod that will allow you to roll dice in this fashion.

eg. select 20 d6 and get back 20 results ? Maybe set the mod box to determine the success threshold? Perhaps the returning die\numbers based on the threshold?

Sigurd

richvalle
June 24th, 2008, 14:15
I played it once at a local game store. It was fun.

Can't help with the rule set questions though. :)

rv

Snikle
June 25th, 2008, 17:14
You might ask over at FUM too, we have a pretty good size group of indie people over there, more than a couple that I know are in love with BW.

VenomousFiligree
December 10th, 2008, 11:35
Just got Mouse Guard which uses Burning Wheel, what I've read so far is looking really good.

So keen to know if anything can be done with FG! :)

Oberoten
December 10th, 2008, 11:39
Heh... Actually contacted BW about getting to create a digital charactersheet for the use over internet. Lets see what he answers. :)

- Obe

Snikle
December 10th, 2008, 11:50
Can I ask where you got it? I am only seeing preorders on the site I can find that carry it. Would like a digital version for now.

Oberoten
December 10th, 2008, 11:56
The charactersheet is on the Burning Wiki.

https://www.burningwheel.org/wiki/index.php?title=Downloads#Form-Fillable_Mouse_Guard_Character_Sheet

The ruleset isn't released yet to the best of my knowledge, but one of my players pre-ordered it and wants me to do a basics sheet. Either for standard burning wheel or mouseguard.

Snikle
December 10th, 2008, 12:11
Ah I figured it out, if you order...pre-order through IPR the physical book, you get a pdf immediately. Sounds great, except they bump up the darn UPS shipping price so much it is nearly $50 for the damn RPG (and yes I know they bump it up, my wife works at UPS and those are not their actual rates). I wanted the RPG allot, but not $50 allot.

VenomousFiligree
December 10th, 2008, 12:16
Ah I figured it out, if you order...pre-order through IPR the physical book, you get a pdf immediately. Sounds great, except they bump up the darn UPS shipping price so much it is nearly $50 for the damn RPG (and yes I know they bump it up, my wife works at UPS and those are not their actual rates). I wanted the RPG allot, but not $50 allot.
Yeah postage to the UK was pricey! :(

However Amazon UK aren't selling the UK version until April.

The ruleset isn't released yet to the best of my knowledge, but one of my players pre-ordered it and wants me to do a basics sheet. Either for standard burning wheel or mouseguard.
As snikle said you get a pdf with the pre order, and a specific Mouse Guard sheet would get my vote! :)

VenomousFiligree
December 12th, 2008, 11:16
Heh... Actually contacted BW about getting to create a digital charactersheet for the use over internet. Lets see what he answers. :)

- Obe

The writer (Luke Crane) is quite active on the Mouse Guard forums (https://www.burningwheel.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41), maybe we could post there if you get no answer?

CaribbeanGamer
December 28th, 2008, 14:20
Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? We're currently at the beginning of a MG campaign and our DM is about 50% through constructing the character sheet.

Oberoten
December 28th, 2008, 21:48
Nope no answer.

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2008, 08:37
I've asked the question in the Burning Wheel Mouse Guard forum (Lockhaven sub forum - sorry can't link I'm on my phone)

MB

CaribbeanGamer
December 29th, 2008, 12:57
@ MB - I'm playing in MJ's game, so hope to see ya there :)

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2008, 16:36
The man from Burning Wheel, he say yes (https://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?p=67728)!

@ CG, emailed Waldo waiting for details :)

Tokuriku
February 5th, 2009, 12:20
I'm infinitely interested in the Mouse Guard Ruleset...
How is this coming up?