PDA

View Full Version : New 4E game variable schedule

lokiare
June 23rd, 2008, 10:19
I'm running a new 4e game. My schedule is hectic with part time retail work, and full time online college. So I am looking for some players that would be willing to set up the next session based on when everyone can play (which means that we may go a few weeks without having a session). So far we have had one session with four players. I am an experienced DM (10+ years) and I have read the rules for 4e. If you are curious about 4e I can walk you through creating a character and just explain the rules as we go. I'm looking for 4-6 players that want to play. If you are interested send me a private message or just reply to this post, or add yourself to the calendar here:

Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=163)

A little history to get players interested:

. The shattered city, as it is called, was once the primary city of a glorious empire. The empire was composed mainly of humans, but there were plenty of the other races. The Dragonborn, called the Radiant Knights, were well known for their bravery and adherence to honor. The Eladrin were the keepers of knowledge, a sect of wise men that advised the emperor and various overlords. Elves were added to the empire as their forests were expanded into. The half-elves were the result of this invasion. They rose to power as charismatic leaders in temples and government. Halflings made up most of the crime syndicates and also were known to run small shops selling strange and wonderful artifacts from outside the empire.

. War came to the empire in the form of a planar invasion by strange creatures no one had seen before, they later became known as the infernal. The empire struggled with them for several years. Finally some made deals with the infernal and ended up breeding with them creating the Tieflings. The war became known as the rupture. It lasted eighty-seven long years. The war was finally won by the empires superior numbers, but the toll of the war was too great. By the time it was over, the empires money coffers were laid waste, and the emperor died of old age. His children fought over the remains of the wealth and the empire, but by the time one of them came out dominant plague and internal rebellions had ripped the empire apart. The yellow plague as it was known swept across the land killing everyone in its wake. Many blamed the Tieflings for it. Then came the great persecution, many Tieflings were burned alive or drowned in tests to prove they were not an Infernal. The world hated them for what their ancestors had done. The Eladrin were nearly unaffected. At the start of the war they withdrew into the Feywild. They wanted no part of this war as they had been severely decimated by the last war that had put them under control of the empire. When the war was over they emerged claiming large tracts of land. Some say the Infernal were drawn to the empire because of the plotting of the Eladrin.

. The dwarves living in their mountain homes came in droves to harvest the now unused stone from the ruined cities. Whole cities were thought to have been carted off by the industrious dwarves. Many settled in the area and to this day dwarves can be seen leading trains of wagons laden with stone harvested from the shattered city. Some say that the dwarves being so long sighted had made a great bargain with the emperor that they would build his great cities, if they could take the stone back with them when his empire started to crumble. Some say he agreed readily since he thought his Eladrin advisor's could make him live forever. Others say that he haggled and bargained with them for years over the cost of the stone and how it would be used. Yet others say the emperor just enslaved a large portion of the dwarves and made them work the stone unwillingly, and once he was gone they simply took the already worked stone to ancestral mountain home when they left.

. The city took the main brunt of the attack. Its great towers and castle spires were ripped apart by the Infernal’s blasts of power. The Eladrin wizards fought with equal powerful magic’s, but the war looked to be hopeless. Somewhere in the city a wizard made a deal with some otherworldly existence to gain power. This was the first warlock. From that day forward the tides changed, the Infernal were beaten back and after a long war they were finally driven back to the world where they originated. The Eladrin and the warlocks were able to seal them in for the most part. Every once in a while a few may slip back to this world to cause mayhem and mischief.

. In the time of the empire many warlords rose to power as generals in the emperor’s armies. The battle tactics and traditions of the few survivors were handed down after the war to their families and progeny. Rogues became more common and the remaining cities and areas were plagued with them. Almost every decent sized town has some kind of black market or thieves’ guild. The warlocks are feared throughout. People know that without their power the war would not have been won. They fear that the warlocks’ power will be used against them someday. Mighty warriors roam the land the descendants of the battle hardened veterans of the rupture, taught great battle techniques by their forebears. Great wizards hide in well guarded towers taking on apprentices as the need arises, and sending them out into the world before they can gain enough power to wrench control from them. A new form of power has risen since the time of the great rupture. Priests of long forgotten gods roam the lands healing the sick and stemming the yellow plague. Some don’t even know the names of the gods, but are still granted the power to help others in their plights, the more foul call on the forbidden names of the Infernal’s gods in order to gain power. There are great warrior priests that come from families that were veterans in the great rupture that have turned to the new (or old) religions.

. The land is rife with ruins of great cities and underground dungeons. Homes of ancient creatures that were thought long buried during the war. The old wards holding them have become weak or broken altogether allowing their inhabitants to rise to the surface and wreak havoc on the survivors. At the edge of The Shattered City is a small point of light in the darkness, a haven for those that need it. Sanctuary as the city is called or Sanctuary of the Shattered by some. There a small group of Dragonborn, ancestors of the radiant knights, have beat back the darkness and created this point of light and share it with others freely. Here gathered the remnants of the cities defenders and inhabitants. A small shelter against the wild gale outside. Here your adventure starts. Here you have chosen to lead daring forays into the darkness in order to bring back some of the shattered cities former glory, or just to make a name for yourself, or maybe just to bring back some gold to make your life more comfortable. Whatever the reason you have chosen to explore, you set out into the dark world ahead.

lokiare
June 26th, 2008, 11:03
. . . (Edit).

Stealthfox16
June 26th, 2008, 12:34
When are you having it? I'm free thursday and most saturday evenings.

Advice: More spacing between Paragraphs please.

lokiare
June 26th, 2008, 18:22
the schedule is variable, because I work different hours each week. Basically anytime my online college and/or my work allows. I am leaving it open all day Thursday starting around 12:00pm CST. If I don't immediately reply try messaging me on msn messenger as [email protected] or yahoo messenger with the name lokiare1.

glacius
June 26th, 2008, 21:05
Definitely interested in your 4E game especially if it is during the week

lokiare
June 26th, 2008, 21:19
Thats cool, I'll be online all day 6-26-2008, just message me on skype as lokiare1, msn messenger as [email protected], or yahoo messenger as lokiare1. Also the server will be up all day so you can connect, there is a download of the ruleset that occurs when you connect that might take a minute or two.

Blahness98
June 26th, 2008, 23:01
Might be interested in this... let me know.. open times are in the sig.

Liens
June 28th, 2008, 15:00
I just put in a request to join in your game on the calendar. If worst comes to worst I wouldn't mind just filling in for the guy who can't make it since it seems the game is already full, like if everyone can make it and one guy can't, I'll bust in with my level 1 character.. I'd rather that than not getting accepted into this campaign

I just want to get good at the 4E rules, I'm playing in a Real Life 4E campaign but no one's played D&D before, we've had a few sessions so I know the gist of 4E but I want to polish up my knowledge and figure out what to do in certain cirumstances

lokiare
July 1st, 2008, 06:17
That's good, so far we've only had 2 session, and we've had 2 players show up to the first, and four players show up to the second. I'm willing to DM up to 6 players at a time, because of the varied schedule we may have to trade out characters as a normal way to play. Basically whenever we can get 4 or more people together we play with those 4 characters. Kinda like you formed a gang or something.

strayth
July 1st, 2008, 20:37
That's good, so far we've only had 2 session, and we've had 2 players show up to the first, and four players show up to the second. I'm willing to DM up to 6 players at a time, because of the varied schedule we may have to trade out characters as a normal way to play. Basically whenever we can get 4 or more people together we play with those 4 characters. Kinda like you formed a gang or something.
If you're still searching for more players, I can join up. New to FG but I've played two 4e adventures. Looks like we have PMs but my AIM address is strayth423. I'll check back here in a while too.

lokiare
July 2nd, 2008, 06:44
If you are interested in playing (even those that are already signed up and playing) I use the calendar to set up game play times. Please check the calendar and post any times you are free to play (or vote on times you are free to play). The calendar is the primary way I will communicate with players. If you don't check the calendar you won't know what's going on.

Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=163)

hartmaab
July 3rd, 2008, 20:58
Lokiare,

I already responded to one of your other threads, but I'll summarize here. I'm in CDT (GMT-5), did some AD&D playing in the late 90s in high school and undergrad, and would like to try out 4E and maybe get into a long term campaign. My availability is best on weekends and evenings, and I can definitely do 1 2-3 hour session per month, and can probably do twice a month with good regularity. Weekly could be a problem, but it sounds like your flexible there. I've got an already rolled LVL 1 human ranged cleric I can use, or I would be willing to make a new char to fit what the group needs. I'm at adamDOThartmanATgmailDOTcom

-Adam

glacius
July 19th, 2008, 23:11
Need a few more reliable players
Join up guys

heliopolix
July 20th, 2008, 03:38
I would be interested to play in this. I work evenings usually, so an afternoon game would fit well with my schedule.

glacius
July 23rd, 2008, 20:25
Trying to get a few more players tonight. U guys hit the calendar and sign up.