PDA

View Full Version : Playing D&D4E...

ThunderYak
June 20th, 2008, 01:02
I'd love to play in a game... when I did get with a group I was always the GM/DM. But with 4E, I'm wanting to get moving with a game again. I'd be willing to DM, but seriously... I. Want. To. Play. :o

In any case, I hope I can garner some interested parties with this posting.

Stay groovy ya'll.

The Scriven One
June 20th, 2008, 02:42
Here's a proposal- I really want to run a long term campaign, but I need to learn both 4e and Fantasy Grounds. If you run a short campaign for me and whoever else, I'll run a long term one for you and other serious players.

Here's what you'd get: My published 3e setting was a Wizards of the Coast Setting Search Semifinalist, and I've written other stuff for 3e. I want to develop a new setting for 4e. It's going to be mostly by the books, but I'll add to the core and alter flavor. I'm really going to play up the points of light aspect of 4e, with a mystical flavor. The setting may or may not have an obvious hook (my published setting does), but I will work hard to make sure each adventure feels fresh and exciting.

What do you say?

Matopi
June 20th, 2008, 03:23
I'm very much looking to join a 4E party, though I fully confess that I'm no DM. Surely something can happen somewhere! :)

Paxar
June 20th, 2008, 05:47
I'm up for playing. Have many character ideas. Best to play on weekends. PM me if someone starts something.

ThunderYak
June 20th, 2008, 05:57
Scriven and I are talking it over via PMs. I'll contact you both, Matopi & Paxar, with what we decide.

Paxar is the information in your signature correct? Also Matopi, could you also provide info similar to Paxar's sig? Best days and time with time zone.

Paxar
June 20th, 2008, 17:12
Mostly yes, I need to update it. Just take out Tuesdays and Thursdays.

middlemonster
June 20th, 2008, 17:36
I played 4e once with my friends, but they don't like it. I like it though. I'm an experienced D&D/WOD/Shadowrun player, I've DMed before, but people didn't enjoy it and neither did I. But I have been playing for about 18 years. (I'm 27 in Aug) I hope you decided to use a voice chat, but if not I'm cool. Let me know the details if you don't mind me joining your group.

THX
Josh

I'll PM this too, just in case its missed

As for time, your going to have to let me know, cause if it overlaps with my normal RPG group, than I'll have to respectfully decline, sorry, they're lifelong friends, can't break that up.

dysfunctional
June 20th, 2008, 17:40
I would like to play a 4e game too, if you still have space and the time works out. I am PST (-8 GMT) and usually home late evenings and saturday.

Frostie2500
June 20th, 2008, 18:57
I'd love to join in a long-term 4E game if there's room open, can also help write and direct the campaign outside of game. I'm experienced in making campaigns as well as running them but I have no interest to DM at the moment but would love to play. =D

Frost.

Rakgar
June 20th, 2008, 21:15
I'd love to join in a long term or even short term game for 4e. Wouldn't even be opposed to 3.5, but I'd like to try out 4e preferably. I'm fairly experienced, flexible player and DM in 3-3.5e though I'm looking to run as a player for now.

My best times for gaming are 7pm-12am CST (GMT-6), but I can make odd times. Only catch (and it makes finding steady groups difficult) is that I work on a rotating shift (alternating days & nights every few weeks) basis which generally means I'm guaranteed to miss 1 session out of 4 in a given month due to work though safe enough the rest of the time.

If you can live with that catch and have room at the table for another I'd be happy to join in.

ThunderYak
June 21st, 2008, 00:28
Well I got a good response and that makes me a happy boy. However I'd rather not have more than 5 people in a party. Any more and I go crazy.

So with that on the board, best I can say is first come with respect to the posts.

I'll send a PM to everyone who answered my post. Thanks.

lokiare
June 25th, 2008, 20:51
I'm starting up a game with flexible scheduling. We will use the scheduler built into the calendar to decide on when the next game session is best for everyone, along with the discussion area.

hatch
July 3rd, 2008, 13:59
My wife and I are also looking for a 4E game.

hartmaab
July 3rd, 2008, 20:50
Lokaire,

I submitted myself as an interested player on the calendar. My availability is best on weekends and evenings. I prefer a 2-3 hour session and probably can make every other week, but may have to do once a month if the RL schedule gets tight. I rolled a human ranged cleric at a local 4E workshop last weekend, and can use that right away. I've got experience in AD&D from high school and undergrad in the late 90s, but haven't been active in D&D since then. I'm interested in 4E and can't really find local groups (Denton, TX) which have schedules which mesh with mine. I like the idea of a flexible scheduled game, and would really like to be part of a long term group. I've never done FG before, but have bought it and would like to give it a try!

-Adam

glacius
July 4th, 2008, 15:58
Ok cool I am on the east coast and would definately like in. I would like join you campaign as I am not a DM yet

jakroy
July 5th, 2008, 03:53
how do i play?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!