PDA

View Full Version : Tokens

Maxxx26
June 18th, 2008, 10:34
Hi everyone, I am very new to Fantasy Grounds and want to add a library file with custom monsters and NPCs. I already copied the d20monsters file and made the necessary adjustments. My question is, how can i incorporate tokens into the mod file and how do I link them to the monster or NPC?

Thanks for any help.

Maxxx26
June 26th, 2008, 07:34
For a related question. Is it possible to package images into a .mod file and how do you access them?

Goblin-King
June 26th, 2008, 17:55
Judging by your message, you probably have some experience with XML... I would recommend you use the /export command to export some images as well as NPCs you've made using the interface with tokens assigned, and have a look at what comes out and adapt that to your needs.

Griogre
June 26th, 2008, 19:43
My question is, how can i incorporate tokens into the mod file and how do I link them to the monster or NPC?
I think there are currently some issues with doing this in a library book module (as well as an adventure module). Basically the path is screwed because of a bug. It appears to be the same bug that causes drawings and masks not to be properly associated with module images. However, if this mod is not to be distributed then you can link to images in the tokens folder (or any other static folder not in a module) and the tokens will work correctly.

To see the actualy syntext for the link, which you will need to type into the XML for the library book, just start a nomal campaign and then create a new personality and drag and drop a token on the circle in the top left of the personality. Shut down FG and and open the db.xml file for the campaign and look at the entery for the personality. You should see a token entry with a relative path. Use the same syntext in your library book and it will work.

Foen
June 28th, 2008, 16:47
This has also been covered to some extent in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082).

Foen