PDA

View Full Version : Re-masking part of an image

Draxxiss
June 18th, 2008, 03:12
Is there any way to re-mask part of an image? Say I accidentally unmask a portion of an image that I didn't want to reveal at this time, is there a way to re-mask it without re-masking the whole image and then unmasking what I had previously unmasked?

Also, is there any way to work on an image without players seeing what I am doing in real time, after I've already shared the image with them? I know that I can set images up ahead of time with tokens and things and then share the image, but I would like to be able to make changes without players seeing the changes as I make them, only when I want them to see them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Griogre
June 18th, 2008, 09:03
There is not any way of re-masking without first clearing the mask. This has been a widely requested feature. If you realize you have made a mistake while you are unmasking before you let go of the mouse you can hit escape to clear the line you are drawing to unmasked the area, but you can only do this prior to actually letting go the mouse button. See here for an alternative to unmasking an image: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7126 I do this a lot now.

On the doing things the players can't see I'm not sure what you mean. If you drop a monster token down in a masked area, by default it is masked. If you need it to be invisible then make it premantly invisible and then move it to an unmasked area. Note: there is a bug that when you place a token on the map it appears in the players token box.

Dachannien
June 19th, 2008, 16:07
On your second question, you could also close the map for all players, reopen it without resharing it, make your changes, and then reshare it.

Draxxiss
June 19th, 2008, 17:29
If I close the map for all players, it also closes it for me, correct? Then when I re-opened the map, all of the tokens would be gone and I would have to replace everything, not just the one or two things that I wanted to change. Oh well, some features I can only hope for. Thanks for the replies.

Griogre
June 19th, 2008, 19:35
Yes, if you close the map for everyone it also closes for you - but *no* it does not lose tokens or the location of tokens already placed. Thus if you want to close the map, when you reopen it the tokens will still be there and you can just add a few.

If want to do something other than just add a few tokens the players can't see let us know because there might be other ways to do it.