PDA

View Full Version : DM looking for 3 players

ThePirateKing
June 13th, 2008, 16:44
I'm looking to DM a 3.5 game. It will be a homebrewed campaign and with be a nice mix of roleplaying and combat with some puzzle like things thrown in. I'm going to make it so alot of times you have to figure out what you are going to be fighting(roleplaying coming in there) or make it really difficult on yourselves becuase you lack information or a special item you need to defeat your foe. If youre interested post here with how i can contact you, and i can give you more information. game time will most likely be on monday 5-10CST, if thats good for most people or earlier, but no later than 10 because i work 3rd shift and work at 11pm, Also if it works better fridays would work for me as well

Broadsword
June 14th, 2008, 12:36
If you start at 6 CST I could do Monday. I dont get home from work until 5:30 CST. Let me know.

ThePirateKing
June 14th, 2008, 17:49
6-10 would be fine with me, for char generation, you can use core rule books + any of the complete books, psionics are ok as well, ive had another player express interest as well, so theres 2, need one more

chaos2190
June 14th, 2008, 23:31
g'day mate
Im interested. Whats our starting level, and what are peoples alignments going to be so I can think of race/class combos?
Im GMT+10, what is your timezone?

ThePirateKing
June 15th, 2008, 08:45
Im at CST, one of the players is looking at spirit shaman, dunno abou tthe other, as for align, no evil

chaos2190
June 15th, 2008, 10:32
Alright. I think I will make a Cleric+Ardent of the god of death (grimreaper sort) The Theurge class for them is located on the wizards website in their "the minds eye" articles. It is just like
Now, do you allow flaws (located in srd at srd.org and in the unearthed arcana book)? What is our starting level (1st, 3rd, 5th?) and what races are you going to allow?
What is your position on half-dragons and level adjustment in general?

Edit: Another build idea was Wizard/Erudite using the expanded class feature of the wizards website for the Erudite. I will provide links asap, but please try looking for it before then. Curious though, do you do magic/psionic transperancy or are they seperate?

ThePirateKing
June 15th, 2008, 16:38
well, i had it limited to core rule books, and the complete books as well as expanded psionics and of course complete psionics, only base races in the PHB, no lvl adjustments allowed, and no flaws either
and 32point buy for stats

chaos2190
June 15th, 2008, 21:42
It seems a little unfair to limit it to core rules (PHBII is apart of that) and then deny the only source of 'core' psionics outside of those 2 books. The Minds Eye articles are the only other official source of psionics, but its up to you.
Erudite (and other psionic class) expended abilities, just as what they did in the PHBII: https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a
For the Divine+Psionics theurge class, it is located here: https://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/psi <<--- Note: I cant give a direct link, my internet is too slow for it to load at the moment.

ThePirateKing
June 15th, 2008, 23:07
i guess i missed the PHB2, thats ok, but as to being unfair? there are plenty of games ive seen that are alot more strict than this one for books to use. everything on ur first link is in the complete psionics all converted for 3.5, alot of the minds eye are still just 3.0, but the psychic theurge i will allow, if the articles in the minds eye specificly state thats its 3.5 you can use it. I'm really not into total optimization if thats what your trying for, just so you know.

ThePirateKing
June 16th, 2008, 00:50
Well, by the looks of it, we have spirit shaman, fighter, and something divine/psionic. As for the organizing of the game, i have it on the game calander titled, "The Guild" ill give you more background on the guild in game, but pretty much they hire adventures, give them missions for the rewards posted by their clients. Make you a breif history of your charater, and have your own reasons for hiring on(fame, gold, adventure, helping people out) you will start knowing eachother, can talk about ur history on the calander message forum type thingy. Guild missions wont be the only thing you will be doing, eventually you will find leads or clues to certain things you can choose to do or not, the guild will always be there, and most likely always have a mission for you tho, you are not required to take everyone there, you are free to pick and choose between various missions, as they have other parties doing them as well. If there were 2 one day, and you took one, dont expect to have the other one still waiting for you when you get back. In most cases missions have a time limit on them, matter of days usually. The guild will usually have a breif background on what ur suppose to be doing, but alot of it has to be found out through your own investigation.

chaos2190
June 16th, 2008, 00:52
No, not what Im trying for. The alternate class features in the minds eye link I linked you to that give alternate features for the Erudite, The Ardent, Divine Mind, ect are not in the Complete Psi. I know the classes are, but the alternate features are not. They are the only 2 minds eye articles I am interested in, and felt they were justified as they are essentially they replicate psionics related things that are core, and as psionics do not get published much elsewhere. (Now even less since 4e)

As for unfair, its perspective only. My perspective it is. Every game I have been in you could use anything so long as the DM thought it unbroken and you could provide copies of it, and I have... 2-300 books, with over half being 3.5 or 3.5 compatible

chaos2190
June 16th, 2008, 02:40
Well actually we have divine/psionics or arcane/psionics
Havent decided which, will see what looks good. I wont be home for about 72-75 hours, will take a look at everything then. Please email me with the details I need to know at [email protected]. I wont have internet access until I get home also.

willquestion
June 16th, 2008, 12:15
I'd love to join if it's possible! I usually like playing rogues or rangers. If there aren't going to be many traps, then I'd just play ranger.

Also, I work night shift as well, I'm a hotel auditor working from 11pm to 7am. The time of the game works perfectly, giving me plenty of time to get to work (I'm on central time).

Cheers,
Will

ThePirateKing
June 16th, 2008, 22:28
im opening the server tonight at 5:00pm cst to answer any questions you have about the campaign, as well as get to see your characters

ThePirateKing
June 17th, 2008, 00:09
i havent gotten much word back fromthe player who wanted to play a spirit shaman, and ive seem to have miss placed his name, we might be in the market for a healer type