PDA

View Full Version : Changing IP Addresses in FG2

Scopique
June 11th, 2008, 16:12
Hi folks! Just picked up FG2 Full last night, and was running through the GM interface when I noticed that the IP address that FG2 picks up is the address of my VPN (Hamachi).

How can I change this IP address to my publicly available address?

Thanks!

Valarian
June 11th, 2008, 16:20
This has caught me out .. the IP address quoted by Fantasy Grounds is not always correct. You can use https://whatsmyip.org/ to find your external IP address and this is the one the players would connect to. Even better, use an alias and the players should be able to connect using that without you having to publish your IP address every time.

Scopique
June 11th, 2008, 17:20
Finding the right IP to bind to is not the issue. The IP reported is the IP of my Hamachi VPN, which means that unless my players are ALSO using Hamachi, I'd be invisible to the world at large.

I don't really WANT to have FG2 using the Hamachi IP, so if the app will accept port traffic on ANY IP, and not just the one listed in the UI, then I'm good to go. If not, I need to be able to change the IP that FG2 listens on.

Thanks!

Griogre
June 11th, 2008, 19:24
FG always lists your local LAN private address. This is informational only and has no effect on the server function. The server, when running, is listening on port 1802 for all connections regardless of IP address. This is standard server architect.

Scopique
June 11th, 2008, 20:01
Gotcha. Thanks!