PDA

View Full Version : noob 4th edition rule book change

neobahamutdragon
June 9th, 2008, 03:01
Hi I am very new at the programming part of the FG, I am trying to make a decant 4th edition player hand book for personal game. Also it seems to be the easiest one.
So download ver 0.9 Dnd 4th and later open the modules with winrar and change human and add Dragonborn, checked in dreamweaver and a internet explorer. Then i convert it to Mod in rar.(d20basicrules.mod)
But when i look in to the game again I am seeing same player's handbook for 3.5 edition. Any advise to sort that thing out. Also monsters are creating a crash and I want to reform them according to the 4th edition monsters Manual. THX

Moon Wizard
June 9th, 2008, 04:12
You won't even be able to look at the v3.5 monsters in the v4 ruleset, since the information is not even close to the same.

In general, the v3.5 rulebooks should have been disabled, but I forgot to remove that part. Will be fixed in upcoming version.

Cheers,
JPG

neobahamutdragon
June 9th, 2008, 11:12
I understand that but is there a way for me to change rulebooks like players handbook or monsters manual. Modules folder carries mods that has a xml writings on it. I am looking for ways to change this player's handbook and access it in 4th edition.
THX

Griogre
June 9th, 2008, 20:16
Ok you have a few misunderstandings here, I think. You don't want to change the d20basicrules.mod you want to make a copy of this module and give it another name and change the stuff in that module (and in its companion definition file). FG does not actually use the module you changed - that is just an example. Making modules is a big subject and you might want to do a search on how to do it. It's not hard but there are a few rules you need to follow.