PDA

View Full Version : A Zombie "One Shot" Game

cpbs
June 8th, 2008, 23:40
This game is in pre-production, not that much work has been put into it yet for the reason of I am wondering if there are people that would actually play. I am thinking of running very slim-down D20 Modern zombie type game where a group of people basically have to survive by getting out of the infected area.

I will list a group of character types that I would like people to play. So no actual character creation, only the stats for that type of character. I wouldn't want everyone to choose a gun slinging ex-marine, it would be a typical demographic of an area :). So with that said, I am looking for about 8 people to play a One Shot two-three day game.

Times Possible: All times CST/CDT

Friday
4-7PM

Saturday
3-7PM

Sunday
3-7PM

If those times don't work for anyone, Please post what times do work. I might be able to switch things around. Again this is just a one time shot game. So when you die...u die. So try to stay alive as long as possible. That is the point I guess with zombie games :).

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post here. As more people decided to join the more I will start to put more time in to this game. As we get close to starting Ill make a calender and the post the exact times.

Thanks
cpbs

cpbs
June 10th, 2008, 23:56
So no takers for these time slots? Also if you know of a better rule set then d20 Modern, please feel free to input your ideas.

Sorontar
June 11th, 2008, 00:42
So no takers for these time slots? Also if you know of a better rule set then d20 Modern, please feel free to input your ideas.

I'm tempted to say Savage Worlds but I've been saying that an awful lot so I'll keep my mouth shut :p

cpbs
June 11th, 2008, 01:29
Would you say that more people are interested in playing the Savage World ruleset then d20 because d20 is basically broken? lol

Oberoten
June 11th, 2008, 08:20
Eh... Yes. I think that is what they are saying, and for a modern campaign and/or a one-shot it IS a broken system since it takes way too much time to generate characters that will only be used for a single evening.

For a one-shot I'd go with something a LOT faster, more furious and fun? ;)

cpbs
June 12th, 2008, 02:13
So what rule set would you suggest? :)

Oberoten
June 12th, 2008, 08:19
Of the top of my head :

Savage Worlds would work fine, same with BRP and GURPS (If you go with few points and/or a roof on how many virtues/flaws you get to use)