PDA

View Full Version : Dexterity Block, Portraits Unable

Onegrayson
June 6th, 2008, 05:19
I have a player whose character is deprived of his Dexterity bonus, no matter what number we input - it gives him neither a bonus or penalty. What could be the issue.

Same player does not get all the portraits that the rest of the players get, we updated his version and issues continue to persist.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Onegrayson
June 6th, 2008, 06:08
Found the dexterity issue, Armor Check Penalty box checked with a 0, but the inaccessible portraits issue still remains.

Thanks.

Goblin-King
June 6th, 2008, 06:12
Does he not see the portraits others have selected for their characters, or is he unable to select some for his own characters?

If it is the latter, does he have a local copy of the portrait files? Portraits are selected from the selection available on the client computer doing the portrait selection, they are not delivered over the net from the host to the players.

Oberoten
June 6th, 2008, 09:36
QoS scheduling can impact this BADLY. Also, is he on a slower connection than the others?

Onegrayson
June 6th, 2008, 16:57
We were in the same location when we logged on last, so I do not beleive connection was an issue. In my GM Application Data Folder, under that specific Campaign, in portraits I pasted the image he created for his character. When we both viewed his choices of character portraits only the pregenerated seven images were available to him.

Dachannien
June 6th, 2008, 17:42
Custom portraits should be dropped into the portraits folder on the player's machine, not the DM's. For groups that play together all the time, it seems backwards since everything else gets sent from the DM's machine out to the players. But if you always play in pick-up games, it makes it easier because players don't have to send their portraits to the DM every time they join a new game.

Onegrayson
June 6th, 2008, 23:49
Ah, that was it exactly. Has this changed since for FG2, I could be wrong, but I am almost certain they were able to access whatever portraits I had in the campaign folders in the past.

Thanks for the response.