PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening Lately with FG2?

osarusan
June 6th, 2008, 01:51
It's been a long time since there have been any big updates to Fantasy Grounds 2, so I was just curious to know if anything is being worked on at the moment... There are lots of wishlists and requests already so I won't go into that, but are there any plans to add more feature or anything? Or is FG3 being worked on? Very curious...

Goblin-King
June 6th, 2008, 06:27
We're all busy hitting the browser refresh button on the D&D site in anticipation of the release of the 4th edition public license text that should be released soon. The content of that will potentially have a major impact on our plans.

We'll be posting about this subject after we digest that information.

There are no plans for a FG3 at this time, but that doesn't mean there's nothing happening. It would be a shame to head to Gen Con with no cool new stuff now wouldn't it...

Dachannien
June 6th, 2008, 12:44
What about bug fixes? I know there are several bugs still around that have been reported but haven't been fixed, including some crash bugs, and I'm sure people would love to see those bugs taken care of, regardless of what happens with 4th edition licensing.

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys are planning next :)

VenomousFiligree
June 7th, 2008, 06:47
We're all busy hitting the browser refresh button on the D&D site in anticipation of the release of the 4th edition public license text that should be released soon. The content of that will potentially have a major impact on our plans.

We'll be posting about this subject after we digest that information.

There are no plans for a FG3 at this time, but that doesn't mean there's nothing happening. It would be a shame to head to Gen Con with no cool new stuff now wouldn't it...

We are excited to announce that the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Game System License will be released early next week.

The license with accompanying System Reference Document (SRD), Statement of Acceptance (AKA confirmation card), Compatibility Logo, and FAQ will be posted to https://www.wizards.com/d20 and will go live immediately upon publication. The license, logo, and acceptance form will be posted as downloadable files.

Anyone wishing to participate in the D&D 4E GSL will need to fill out a Statement of Acceptance and return it by mail to Wizards of the Coast.

First on-sale date for GSL compatible products is October 1, 2008.

We are also working on a new fan site policy, to be made public at a later date.

Only a few more days, by the looks of it

kamawell
June 7th, 2008, 09:57
Given that there doesn't seem to be any sign of the official 4e tabletop and thinking back to WotC's past glories when it comes to PC-based game support this could be a good opportunity for FG2.

osarusan
June 9th, 2008, 02:29
Great news, Goblin King. :-) Thanks for the update. Fantasy Grounds is easily the best tabletop aid there is, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it at Gen Con. :-)

Nylanfs
June 9th, 2008, 22:50
I know that I'm glad to be seeing you guys at GenCon. :)

osarusan
August 19th, 2008, 14:10
So who went to GenCon? :-) What's the cool new stuff?

Dragonstar
August 19th, 2008, 22:44
Bioware's "Dragon Age: Origins" coming out probaby first quarter of 2009.

Warhammer Online looked sweet, but probably requires greater reflexes than I have. :)

And Dead Gentlemen's Productions "Dorkness Rising" was released on DVD.

I wasn't able to get by to see the playtest on the new Harry Dresden game. Rats!

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2008, 23:05
It would be a shame to head to Gen Con with no cool new stuff now wouldn't it...

I think he means FG cool stuff! :)

unerwünscht
August 20th, 2008, 00:21
Oh... Please tell me you are not planning on making FG support 4th edition exclusively as its default install. I have no use for 4th edition in any way, and only have FG for its ability to support 3.5 games.

joshuha
August 20th, 2008, 00:45
Oh... Please tell me you are not planning on making FG support 4th edition exclusively as its default install. I have no use for 4th edition in any way, and only have FG for its ability to support 3.5 games.

I don't think they (WOTC) would allow this explicitly anyways. Their game table is still in development (of course later than they promised) and I doubt they want to kill interest in it any more than they already have.

osarusan
August 20th, 2008, 01:13
I think he means FG cool stuff! :)

Haha, yep I did. But that other stuff sounds pretty cool too. :rv:

Sigurd
August 20th, 2008, 03:14
This is a good rumor, or maybe another? In the absence of a company response, I'm curious to see what sort of stories develop...

"I heard they're working on a Dos only version to support Bunnies and Burrows..." :D:D:D

"Did you hear, the next version only has Odd numbered dice!"

- sigurd

(Just to be clear - the above quotes are fabrications...)

unerwünscht
August 20th, 2008, 04:15
LOL.....

Bunnies and Burrows rocked... I wonder if I can hunt down a copy of the ruleset, or maybe find the old GURPS conversions.

Spyke
August 20th, 2008, 09:58
LOL.....

Bunnies and Burrows rocked... I wonder if I can hunt down a copy of the ruleset, or maybe find the old GURPS conversions.I got the GURPS pdf reprint (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG30-6060) a while back from e23. Great stuff. And we actually got my wife to play as well!

Spyke

unerwünscht
August 20th, 2008, 14:20
e23? I am sorry, I am not familiar with that one... But would love to pop a B&B game to break the D&D trend from time to time.

Valarian
August 20th, 2008, 15:44
e23 is Steve Jackson Games' web store front. It sells PDF versions of the SJG games.