PDA

View Full Version : Interface Question: Sharing with 1 player

Belizan
June 5th, 2008, 19:46
So, I was thinking about an adventure the other day and it suddenly occured to me that I don't know how to share a sheet (image, story sheet, etc.) with only one player. My recollection is that the share radial only offers the option to "share with all". I just checked in the User's Guide and didn't see anything on the topic either. Anyone know?

Kalan
June 5th, 2008, 19:57
So, I was thinking about an adventure the other day and it suddenly occured to me that I don't know how to share a sheet (image, story sheet, etc.) with only one player. My recollection is that the share radial only offers the option to "share with all". I just checked in the User's Guide and didn't see anything on the topic either. Anyone know?

Drag the image/story entry using the small gold link button (in the case of Images, the link button you press to open the image), onto the Player's portrait.

That should do the trick - works for me anyways :)

Griogre
June 5th, 2008, 22:29
This also works with chat frame text so you will just whisper that character with the information.

Tarostar
June 12th, 2008, 11:56
This also works with chat frame text so you will just whisper that character with the information.

Someone told me that you can also whisper to someone (at least as GM) by typing their name in the chat frame, I've not tried this but I would guess something like "/roger only you can see this..."

I might try this tonight, but if anyone knows how to do this let me know.

UPDATE: Just found the shortcuts someone posted (https://img131.imageshack.us/img131/704/shortcutssheetv0656zb.jpg) and it shows whisper to player as /w [character] [message].

Griogre
June 12th, 2008, 16:57
Yes, that is correct. /w and enough characters to make the character name distinct is the best way to whisper something you are typing to a character on the fly. IE if you only have one character who's name starts with A then /w A Whisper message will go to him.

If you have chat frame text meant to be drag and dropped on the chat window and you only want some characters to see it instead of drag and dropping it into the chat window you can drag and drop it on the player portrait at the top left and only that player will be sent the text.

The image you found is a list of FG1 shortcuts. They are all the same in FG2 however, except those involving the "Tab" key. For changing the chat buffer for a client it is now Ctrl up or down arrow. There is currently no keyboard shortcut to change assign speaker for the GM. Instead the tab keep is used for "autocomplete."