PDA

View Full Version : New FG2 user looking to DM a game

sirosis34
June 4th, 2008, 06:00
Wanting to get back into oldschool D&D. Just installed FG2 and anxious to try it out, as a DM. Any patient players willing to adventure? I'm on eastern time but available to play whenever.
I'd like to try out the old modules for the basic set beginning with 'In search of the unknown' .
Like I'd said I'm a little rusty, and just learning how to operate the software but hopefully this can turn into a long campaign where the other modules can be revisited.
Please message back if interested and let me know (in canadian) a good time to play would be.
Thanx!

Tokuriku
June 4th, 2008, 14:32
I'm canadian and presently in Japan.
I'd really like to get back into old school D&D :)
My best gaming times would probably be one week in two on friday or saturday night for canadian time. It would be morning for me.

Anyways, if it fits your schedule, let me know!

Onegrayson
June 5th, 2008, 22:37
Southern California, I am also interested!

You may email me at [email protected]

Thank you.

sirosis34
June 5th, 2008, 23:59
7pm est I'll be online. I'll post the IP address here if you guys are available to connect. If we dont get a session in at least we can make introductions, get the characters ready and go over the game mechanics and what not.

Blahness98
June 6th, 2008, 20:33
Define old school D&D and I may be interested..

sirosis34
June 7th, 2008, 02:37
Old school D&D is defined by using the rules from the 80's. Pre advanced D&D 2nd edition. Just the basic, expert to master rules.

Not old school involving MC Hammer or Run DMC but keeping it real in the house all the same...

stupidhaiku
June 9th, 2008, 01:44
I'd like to try this, if you're willing to have a player brand new to roleplaying. I've played several of the D&D computer games so I know some of the basics (stats, dice rolls, etc) but most everything else will be fresh to me. If that's not the kind of player you're looking for that's fine.

sirosis34
June 11th, 2008, 00:11
Maybe it'll just be a test run, making sure the connection works, or characters wanting to make introductions but I'm online now. ISP is 5.224.153.81
Realy anxious to try this program out!!!

mr_h
June 11th, 2008, 02:16
Wow, those are old modules, classics. If you make a habit of those I might be interested (tonight obviously did not work as I had other plans, go figure:))

sirosis34
June 11th, 2008, 03:15
We might be playing for a couple of hours saturday. let me know if your available. It was just one player tonight and we are both relearning the game so patience is a prime requisite, lol

wiseman207
June 11th, 2008, 14:31
hey sirosis, its wiseman207 from DF.

sirosis34
June 11th, 2008, 15:16
Good to see you here Matt.
Did you download Hamachi too?
supidhaiku and I had a game last night but we should be playing again tuesday night 7pm est with Kenshin as well. Hope you can make it on. If you need help making a character before tuesday email me or PM me here.

wiseman207
June 11th, 2008, 16:17
I've used Hamachi once before, if I remember right its not too difficult.

I only have the demo, so all it has is the d20 rules and local characters don't save, so we'll have to handle character creation some other way.

mr_h
June 13th, 2008, 14:53
Have you decided on a day/time for when you're going to be running this?

sirosis34
June 13th, 2008, 16:50
This saturday (echo'ed), live at the war memorial, D&D game, 7pm eastern time, all your favourite D&D stars in monster trucks! BE THERE!
Seriously though, hope you can join us, check the game calendar for the IP and password. You may have to download Hamachi to connect.

mr_h
June 14th, 2008, 03:02
I may actually be able to make it, whoo.

What version you running again?

sirosis34
June 14th, 2008, 07:14
I'm using the basic rules for now, we have made adjustments and compromises, I'm still learning how to be fluid with the program and relearn DM'ing so the original 80's basic rules are all my feebled mind can handle...

sirosis34
June 17th, 2008, 23:55
Could use more players if anyone is interested. We are using Hamachi to connect. Last week only stupidhaiku and I played. Another player tried to join but couldnt connect. We assume it was because he had a demo version of FG2.
Check the game calendar for IP and password.