PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! It's Help a FG n00b day! (hopefully! :) )

balth
June 4th, 2008, 03:40
Hey everyone.

I'm an experienced player/DM for multiple systems for (unfortunately) a very long time.

I'm super-jazzed about 4e, and yes, I'm aware there isn't a ruleset out for it yet.

But more importantly, I'm brand-spanking new to FG2. I'm not unteachable, I've already installed the box and several combat tracker upgrades and whatnot; but what I really need to know is how this program works.

I've been in the process of converting the entire Keep of the Shadowfell module over here, and it's been slow, but progressing.

So on the GM front, I think I am figuring it out; but I need to actually PLAY a game or two.

So what I am requesting is to be allowed to guest spot for one game session of any d20 game, preferably d&d.

I need to see what my players are gonna see and be able to make a list of questions to ask the gm after the session is over (most will be 'how did you do that!?!' heh.)

My group will be using voip, so I'm not needing much training with the chat window, and having programmed for a MOO (god I'm old)/MUDs, it's old hat.

Any day but Thursday or Friday works for me, and I am available after 6pm.

Thanks in advance, and just PM me if interested; I can step into ANY character/class. Whatever you need for that game session, I'm happy to oblige!

Foen
June 4th, 2008, 04:53
Hi Balth

I'd be happy for you to sit in on one of my sessions, we play UK time Monday evenings (7.30pm-10.30pm). That's currently 6.30pm to 9.30pm GMT (UK is on daylight savings at the moment).

We are just about to start a new adventure with some pre-existing players and some new players, so the first session (this coming Monday) will be levelling and character generation, together with the initial plot intro.

If you'd rather wait until we start the first gaming session, it will be the following Monday (16 June).

Unfortunately, I have no slots left for regular players, but I'd be happy for you to observe.

Welcome to FG!

Cheers

Foen

EDIT: To correct typos.

Griogre
June 4th, 2008, 05:04
Yeah I'm similar to Foen. You could sit in on my Tuesday game though next session is likely to be a chapter wrap up session. However if you are familiar which the Istivin adventure path you might be able to do more than observe.

I have a game on Friday that would be right up your alley because the second part will likely be be combat heavy and there will be NPC's there, but you said Fridays are bad. :(

Kalan
June 4th, 2008, 06:04
I also have a session on Saturday's you'd be more than welcome to stop in and observe. It runs from 20:00 CEST (GMT+2). If you want more info, feel free to PM or email me :)