PDA

View Full Version : Dice as modifiers

The Crusader of Metal
June 1st, 2008, 23:13
I searched the forums for a long time and didn’t find anything about this issue (probably searched in the wrong places :p), so if someone could answer this or redirect me somewhere I can find the answer.

Is it possible to use dice as modifiers? For instance, using something to add a d6 for a flaming longsword to a hotkey? I know I can use /die 1d8+1d6+4 Longsword+2 Flaming(1d6) or something like that. But I would like to add a modifier to the stack by pressing a hot key, because I prefer to drag the dice from the character sheet :p

Is this possible with scripting? If it is, I can give a try although knowing absolutely nothing about LUA.

Dachannien
June 1st, 2008, 23:38
I believe the modifier box will only hold a number. If you put dice on a hotkey, then pressing the hotkey will roll those dice right then.

Griogre
June 2nd, 2008, 02:16
Yeah, the mod box only holds numbers.

The die cup is a little awkward for weapons like Flaming Longswords. On one hand you would like to roll things so you don't have a seperate line of the fire damage but on the other you don't want it mixed in when you hit something immune to fire or doubled up on a crit - so you end up with a hotkey with the add on die and one without.

My only advice is use the damage cup on the character sheet to make hotkeys. This is because you can see the two dice under the text which helps make it obvious what it is. Long die codes run off the side of the hotkey and can become a mystery after a while. ;)

Personally I would love to be able to have multiple rolls on one line. IE /e swings hitting 1d20+12 AC for 1d8 damage and 1d6 fire. Then if you hit enter or the hot key it would all spit out rolled. That is like the only think I miss from ScreenMonkey. :(