PDA

View Full Version : Ptolus Campaign

Stuart
May 30th, 2008, 21:07
Friday GMT 8 PM ... vacancies for lvl 2 characters - about to start the Night of Dissolution campaign. Two vacancies. Pleae PM me if interested.

longarms
May 31st, 2008, 05:13
wish tammy and I could play... but that is about 1pm our time and neither of us have jobs where we could play at work ;)

Stuart
May 31st, 2008, 06:52
Stupid time differences, would have continued in your game too :(

I wonder how much use Ptolus is getting ... I've been using it for quite a few months now and the "problem" I keep coming across is that when a DM runs an "off-the-shelf" campaign that is very detailed, it is easy to get bogged down in those details and find the setting off putting. Players are bound to ask about minute details as they try and emerse themselves and for a DM to be on top of all of the material in as rich a setting as Ptolus is a big ask.

I've read the tome dozens off times and been playing Ptolus once or twice a week for months now and only in the last week did I think ... "Yeah ! I know something about this city".

Its very easy and seductively so, to "wing" session after session, making up a campaign in effect as the party bumbles from one hook to another. In truth, some of the best stuff I think I've run have been these on-the-hoof dungeons, NPC's and so on. Starting something like Ptolus was quite difficult ... worthwhile but a real change for me.

Stuart
July 28th, 2008, 07:16
Ptolus group just started the Night Of Dissolution needs one more player - a tank of some sort ideally.

The group has a Dwarven Ranger, Dwarven Cleric, Faen Magister, Human Rogue, Tiefling Unfettered and Elven Warmage.

8 PM GMT every Friday.