PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Renfield
May 27th, 2008, 11:01
Hello,

I'm recently considering giving Fantasy Grounds another go. I purchased it around the time it had first come out and never got use out of it as none of my friends were keen on it and at the time there was less of a community. My schedule likely influenced that as well. One thing I've been toying with is the possible rules conversion of the Pathfinder RPG. I'm quite fond of the modules and the actual adventures and am curious as to how one might go about doing this. Does anyone know of any tutorials for creating rules sets or campaign sets and the like? Is there anyone toying with a Pathfinder RPG rules set out there?

For those who aren't familiar the Pathfinder RPG is still in Alpha playtesting stage. They should hit Beta here in August. The cool thing is that it's free and can be found here: https://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Foen
May 27th, 2008, 12:10
Welcome Renfield, I hope you will like what you see here and that you get the support you need from the community.

On the subject of rules conversions, I am publishing a step-by-step guide in installments which may be of help, but it will probably only just scratch the surface for you and not give you the immediate depth you need (about 2 or 3 pages of A4 PDF are published each week and you will quickly catch up on the back issues and exhaust the material).

If it does whet your appetite, and gives you the confidence to have a go, I am very happy answering questions as they are posted here, so please give it a shot!

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder, but maybe someone else out there has started a ruleset implementation?

Cheers

Foen

Anatomy of a Ruleset (step-by-step implementation of RuneQuest OGL) can be found at the following places:
- My site (www.witheredlands.co.uk) all chapters published to date
- The Palentir (www.thepalentir.com) can be 48 hours behind
- Four Ugly Monsters (www.fouruglymonsters.com) only one installment, but converted to HTML rather than PDF

Griogre
May 27th, 2008, 20:33
Pathfinder is so close to D&D/d20 3.5 that I doubt ruleset changes are needed. The d20 character sheet should work fine. At most you would need to change some of the library book modules.