PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RP-heavy players for D&D

GoOrange
May 27th, 2008, 03:48
Hello!

I'm looking to start up a fantasy game set in a homebrew setting (with fairly standard D&D tropes). I'd be using the D&D 3.5 core rules.

I'd really like to run a game that focused on the plot, story, roleplaying, and character goals rather than tactical combat and character optimization. I've run and played games in the past where lots of maps and counters were used and the combats were very tactical and were a big focus of the game. I'm looking to get away from that style of play with this campaign. Hopefully, with the right players the story and plotlines can be player-driven, rather than linear, 100% DM generated (I try hard not to railroad.)

The best times for me to run the game are evenings 8-11:30 pm Eastern time.

I'd like to keep the group size very small, with no more than 4 players. A mix of male and female players would be ideal.

I hope this can turn into a long running campaign. I plan on starting out at level 1 and advancing as the plot dictates rather than accumulating XP just for combat encounters.

If you're interested, let me know.

Cheers.

Andrepartthree
May 27th, 2008, 14:19
I'm already involved in a great FG game, otherwise if I wasn't currently in a game and if our schedules matched up I'd ask to join - my two munchkins would never allow me to play in more than one FG game at a time (laughs)... believe me though I hear you on more RP and less combat, maps and dungeon crawling !

I know it's none of my business but just a little input - you might want to clarify what days you're free 8pm to 11:30 pm ? (that is do you mean Mon-Fri or all 7 days of the week including Sat and Sun? ). I feel the same way about the mix of male and female players too, but alas I've noticed female players are VERY hard to come by both on and off line for RPG's - it's gotten to the point where I said "the hell with it" and started playing a female PC just to break up the "always male PC's" monotony (laughs), there's another guy in our group playing a female too - it's actually less awkward than one might think in an FG setting ...Good luck and best of wishes, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses ;)

arcath
May 27th, 2008, 17:14
I am interested, but I cant really start untill 9pm EST.

genjuro_zero
May 27th, 2008, 20:21
I would be interested in joining. I enjoy deep plot-driven stories with fleshed-out characters, and I think I could come up with an interesting character (with a background ripe for a DM to mess with!) that would be fun to roleplay with.

The times look good, but I would like an idea of what day(s) you are thinking about playing on. Thursday and Friday nights are about all I have open, and (unfortunately) my schedule is fairly inflexible.

Stealthfox16
May 27th, 2008, 20:52
I too am interested. I love the story and roleplay elements to DnD, and pretty much everything else.

Thursday nights from 8 to 11:30 is an excellent time for me. ^_^

GoOrange
May 28th, 2008, 15:24
OK, Thursday nights it is.

I'm happy to run the game with only two players, but will take up to four total.

Arcath, it might be possible for you to join in a little late.

Anyone interested in the game should feel free to IM me (it's listed in my profile) or PM me and I'll give you my email.

Very little about the campaign is absolutely set in stone and I'm always willing to listen to player input.

The setting will be a homebrew. It should have the feel of World of Greyhawk, with standard PHB races. Most areas are very human-centric with a few non human races present. Most non-humans live in separate communities. The overall tone or racial interactions is similar to Lord of the Rings. Players should be free to chose any PHB race.

The starting lands will be a feudal monarchy and the political climate will borrow a lot from A Game of Thrones. The campaign will start off in a small town with a local Knight and nearby Baron as the most prominent nobles. I wouldn't have a problem if a player wanted to play a nobleman (or noblewoman) although there's a fine line between interesting roleplaying and abusing in-game power.

Religion will use the base PHB deities for those wishing to play religious oriented characters. Also, some people pay respects to the "Old Gods" or ancient spirits of nature like the "King of the Silver River" from Terry Brooks' Shannara series.

What I'd like from players (and you can PM or email me) is a basic character concept and/or background. A few concise sentences would suffice. I'd like to know what kind of things you envision your character doing, such as hobnobbing with the nobles at court, political maneuvering, helping out those in need, exploring uncharted territory, solving a mystery, ridding town of the orc menace, investigating local ruins, embarking on an epic quest or whatever else you think you'd like to do.

Shivadragon
May 28th, 2008, 22:54
i deeply enjoy rp, and would gladly join u mate

KevenSimmons
May 29th, 2008, 22:55
Yes indeed... I'd be interested in getting in on this (if it stays on Thursday nights).

GoOrange
May 30th, 2008, 01:36
I have a server up and running right now (Thursday, 8:30 EDT).

If you have posted in this thread already or have already sent me a PM, feel free to pop in the server and chat.

Edit: PM me for the alias.

Stealthfox16
May 30th, 2008, 06:54
Gah! I am so sorry I didn't make it! I thought it was Wednesday, not Thursday. I'll certainly be on next Thursday.

rcoulter
June 12th, 2008, 01:50
Looks like you may already have your 4, but if not I would also be interested.