PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Wednesday C&C Game

ryguysolis
May 26th, 2008, 01:26
After one failed attempt I'm trying again to get a C&C game going. Wednesday is the day, the time is open to determination by the players (I'm free all day).

Fantasy Grounds II, fully updated, is required to play. Also required is Skype, a free VOIP program.

You do not need to purchase the C&C ruleset to play, but there are some benefits to doing so, such as being able to roll up characters outside of the game.

Much about the game is open for input from players, such as starting level and the type of campaign desired (i.e. hack-and-slash, political intrigue, goody good adventuring, wrong-bad-fun adventuring, or something else entirely).

Before I make this post any longer, is anybody up for a C&C campaign?

Orpheus
May 29th, 2008, 01:24
I can do Wednesday night, and I own the full C&C ruleset for FG2.:D

ryguysolis
May 29th, 2008, 02:29
Great, thanks for the response! I'm looking to start next Wednesday, does that work for you?

Everyone else looking for a game, follow Orpheus' example post haste :)

Orpheus
May 29th, 2008, 23:44
Next Wednesday is good. Any idea on a start time? I'm an East Coaster.:)

Orpheus
May 30th, 2008, 02:38
Alrighty, I've got the Skype-izzle downloaded and running. PM me with your Skype Name when you're ready. Also, will this be a 3d6 character creation or a point-buy. Personally I dig the point-buy since you're guaranteed to have some crappy stats.:D

ryguysolis
May 31st, 2008, 15:19
I'm up for either style of character creation. From looking at your willingness to use 3d6 I'm guessing you'd like a fairly low power game in terms of stats. Is that accurate?

I'm PMing you my Skype name, I should be online tonight around 9pm central, so that would be 10 (or 11?) eastern. Does that work for you?

To everyone else, there is still plenty of room in this game. If you're looking for a game and have nothing to do Wednesday evenings, sign up and give C&C a try :)

Orpheus
May 31st, 2008, 23:10
I can't be on tonight as I'm housesitting for my in-laws and don't have my FG-equipped, Skype-equipped PC with me. I do have the C&C ruleset so character creation can be done offline.:D

ryguysolis
June 2nd, 2008, 22:40
Come on guys, I know people out there want to play C&C. Don't leave Orpheus to face the perils of an adventurer's life alone. Wednesday, using FGII and C&C ruleset, time to be determined by players, power and style to be determined by players.

If there is anything else you would like to know about that could make or break your participation please don't hesitate to ask. Do it for Orpheus, I fear he won't survive long alone :)

Orpheus
June 3rd, 2008, 01:34
Please. For the price of a cup of coffee...If there's someone who hasn't given C&C a shot and you're die-curious then trying it out via FG2 is a cheap and easy way to give it a shot. I'm more than willing to wait until I have fellow adeventures however.:D

dlcdav
June 5th, 2008, 17:25
What is C&C?

Griogre
June 5th, 2008, 22:39
Castles and Crusaders. Basically AD&D with updated AC and to hits. It is put out by Troll Lord Games. You can more info here: https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/

A free set of quick start rules can be downloaded here: https://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/ccqs.html

ryguysolis
June 6th, 2008, 02:37
What is C&C?

Easy to learn, easy to mod, fast, loose and, most importantly, fun.

sirosis34
June 18th, 2008, 16:56
I'd like to get in on this game, new to C&C, but I dont use skype...

paracharlie
June 19th, 2008, 00:26
I just downloaded the quick start. It looks really fun. I'd like to join you all if you have room. I normally play a fighter or a rogue. If your interested send me a PM, thanks.

Velocinox
June 19th, 2008, 06:19
I'd certainly show up for a C&C game. Send me a PM if you still have room and give me any starting info I might need!

ryguysolis
June 19th, 2008, 06:32
paracharlie and Velocinox, I sent you each a PM.

sirosis34, Are you willing and able to give Skype a try? I have found in the past that I simply cannot type fast enough to give a quality description of a scene before everyone reading gets bored. Whether it's a fault of the medium (text based chat) or my own typing speed, it's just not too much fun when the action unfolds that slowly or when the quick witted villain seems to take forever to deliver his snappy comeback. Hope to here from you that you can give it a try, looks like we're getting together a good group.

Velocinox
June 19th, 2008, 08:20
Emailed info.

paracharlie
June 20th, 2008, 01:06
Info sent, skype loaded, looking forward to adventuring with you.

Orpheus
June 21st, 2008, 00:35
Info sent, skype loaded, looking forward to adventuring with you.
Same here. Groovy.:D

sirosis34
June 22nd, 2008, 00:53
Downloaded skype and hope I can still get involved in the game. Hope no one makes fun of my voice...

Orpheus
June 22nd, 2008, 05:23
Downloaded skype and hope I can still get involved in the game. Hope no one makes fun of my voice...
Please. I play DDO once a week. You should hear some of those voices on there. (Kermit the Frog)"If you add a Potion of Cat's Grace to your inventory then you'll have that +4 to Dex that you'll need when trying to disable that trap with your Wiz 5/Rog 3.":D

paracharlie
June 22nd, 2008, 14:45
Yeah, nothing to worry about. Everybody gets worried about how they sound to others. I've played DDO and Vanguard for a long time using Ventrilo. You get use to it after awhile and becomes no big deal.

ryguysolis
June 22nd, 2008, 15:52
I wonder if people have made voice mods for Vent or Skype. I'd like to DM sounding like Cancer Man from the X-Files, or James Earl Jones.

That being said, I'll be sending out an email to everybody late this afternoon or early this evening.

*This is CNN*

Velocinox
June 22nd, 2008, 21:09
Yes they have. I am in an MMO guild that has an age restriction. Now and again we get kids joining and using voice mod software to sound older. Unfortunately for them it is as easy to spot as, "When did we accept Darth Vader into the guild?"

https://www.audio4fun.com/voice-changer.htm

ryguysolis
June 23rd, 2008, 03:05
Orpheus, I'm sending out a group wide email and don't seem to have your contact info. Can you PM me your email address when you get a chance please? Apologies if you already have and I lost it somehow :)

ryguysolis
June 23rd, 2008, 03:48
I sent an email out to everyone I have an email for. Then I sent another with the document I meant to attach to the first. Good times.

ryguysolis
June 25th, 2008, 21:18
I hope everybody is excited to get the game underway tonight. I know I am. I’ve gone over everybody’s emails and PMs and based on the times provided we will be starting tonight at 7:30pm Central Time (GMT -6). We’ll play until the first person has to get offline. The first half hour or so will likely be devoted to character generation so those who created their characters during Monday’s session can feel free to drop in closer to 8:00pm.

If anyone still does not have the setting info I emailed out, please let me know and I’ll try to get that to you before gametime.

If you did not yet create a character, please come to the game with a concept. And don’t worry, I won’t punish the group if all the “traditional” roles are not filled. Players have survived my games without clerical support before, they just had decidedly less disposable income.

I hope to see everyone there, but if you cannot make it please post on the FGII thread, PM or email me so that we aren’t waiting on you.

-Ryan

ragboy
July 2nd, 2008, 22:57
Need any more? I'm available on Wednesday nights... Lemme know.