PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Edition Character Sheet

Dupre
May 22nd, 2008, 10:28
Wired did an exclusive preview about the D&D 4th ed. character sheet (https://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/05/exclusive-dd--1.html) yesterday. I've attached it here as well. Needless to say, we're looking into all the 4th ed. details we can get our hands on.

Sorontar
May 22nd, 2008, 11:30
Has they subtley cheated and added a "mystery" +2 onto Intimidation? ;)

Looks like a straight-forward sheet, thanks for info.

mr_h
May 22nd, 2008, 14:26
Sooo...whose gonna get to work on making a 4th edtion character sheet so we can play 4E in FG right away?:D

joshuha
May 22nd, 2008, 14:32
Over at www.fouruglymonsters.com I started a 4th edition FG ruleset group. Will be a fan created project until the GSL is officially released and we know more about what can be released for public consumption. I hope with some help I can have a functioning character sheet by June 6th.

Astinus
May 26th, 2008, 20:28
Might be too early to tell, but is FG planning on keeping the 3e ruleset packaged with the program, even if a 4e character sheet is added?

Sorontar
May 26th, 2008, 22:10
Might be too early to tell, but is FG planning on keeping the 3e ruleset packaged with the program, even if a 4e character sheet is added?

I'd guess yes there but if they don't, before updating the patch that kills 3.5 create another ruleset and rename it and you can carry on playing.

Either way I don't think we'll lose 3.5.

joshuha
May 29th, 2008, 05:55
I am progressing well on a character sheet ruleset for 4E. We have a group over at www.fouruglymonsters.com discussing development of the sheet.

So far I have the first page:
https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/images/fbfiles/images/screenshot0001.png

And have the second combat page mostly done. Also note on this combat page some new scripting I have done to make character sheets very customizable by the user. I have a flash demo of that here:
https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/joshuha/4edemo/4edemo.html

Tomorrow night I should be able to tackle the skills/passive on the skills tab. Friday Feats/Abilities. The weekend will be for powers and early next week for inventory. I should be able to have a sheet (with no calculations) ready to go by June 6th. The combat tracker/NPC sheets will be not ready to go but it should still be playable.

DNH
May 29th, 2008, 14:40
That looks very interesting, regardless of the 4e aspect. Are you able to resize any of those moveable elements at all? In any case, I look forward to having a look at the finished thing.

Illrigger
May 30th, 2008, 06:23
This might help some.

Oberoten
May 30th, 2008, 07:56
Actually I consider the ability to move, drag and drop and create new fields on the fly one of the major breakthroughs in FG2... I mean Think Generic Charactersheet with that as a option?

IamGrays
June 2nd, 2008, 10:05
Could someone provide an update on the status of this character sheet as the 6/6 rapidily approaches and I so don't want to have a go at this myself at the moment...

mr_h
June 2nd, 2008, 14:13
It's making progress, I've been talking to Josh on the FUG Forums/Chat and he's been doing an amazing job with it. I think the first version is gonna be very basic, ala "It'll have what you need to play". Later versions will have nicer stuff.

I think he stated his goal was to have it ready for release on 6/6.

IamGrays
June 2nd, 2008, 14:19
That's fine. A basic character sheet will get me through to start with.

Thanks for the update and I will wait with baited breath for the flasher one.

Xorn
June 3rd, 2008, 02:33
Heh, I've actually got all the level 1 powers for the fighter, ranger, rogue, and warlord put into the game already. I've been using Level 1 for At-Will, Level 2 for Encounter, etc...

It's quite possible to play now, but I'm really looking forward to the ruleset!

balth
June 3rd, 2008, 04:06
Xorn, I am looking to run a group using FG2.

Where would one obtain the powers you are talking about? I'm VERY new to the program, and have spent the weekend importing all the maps and monster tokens for the Keep on the Shadowfell adventure.

I hope I can get a copy of Joshua's character sheet, we don't want FG2 necessarily to run the rules (I don't even know how to do that yet), I just want something to help me keep track of everyone's stuff.

Thanks in advance.

IamGrays
June 3rd, 2008, 09:55
Is there a planned date for the ruleset or is it still up in the air due OGL or whatever its called now?

Griogre
June 3rd, 2008, 09:58
Until the new license is released to the public, we can't know what is allowed other than a character sheet.

XpressO
June 4th, 2008, 19:23
I am really looking forward for the 4th edition character sheet, 'cause I'll be running the "Keep on the Shadowfell" adventure to my adventure group. We will not use the pre-gen characters, instead we'll create our own and so I'll need the character sheet. It doesn't need to be anything cool - just to cover the basic things that come with the new ruleset.

The demo video looks awesome!
Keep up the good work and I thank you people who are committed to this because I know nothing about creating my own sheets or anything for that matter for FG..

Hopefully we'll see the first basic version on friday :)

Thank you, people :)

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2008, 23:08
I'm also working on a 4E ruleset derived from the ruleset I updated for v3.5 D&D.

Not as fancy as Joshuha's changes, but with all the pieces in place.

Cheers,
JPG

Oberoten
June 5th, 2008, 08:04
Choice and alternatives is always good and welcome. Unless one suffers from anxiety at multiple alternatives in which case I guess it isn't... eh... can I just throw a dice and see which one I like the best?

Valarian
June 5th, 2008, 08:56
Flip a coin, works for Harvey Dent ;)

Oberoten
June 5th, 2008, 09:44
Well, I am nearly as evil and ugly so... It should work a charm.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2008, 17:55
I've completed an initial version of my 4E ruleset, and posted it on this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8459).

Cheers,
JPG