PDA

View Full Version : Story text into chat?

unormal
May 22nd, 2008, 05:36
Is there a way to just pre-store chat text, like long description pieces? I'd just like to be able to paste the contents of a story into chat easily...

Foen
May 22nd, 2008, 06:23
When entering story text, right-click on the paragraph and select the T icon (paragraph types) and then the box icon (chat frame). when you then run the game, you can drag the paragraph directly to the chat box.

In addition, once a paragraph is desgnated as a chat frame, you can right-click again and assign a speaker. If it is dragged to the chat box, it will appear to have been said by someone.

Stuart

Andugus
May 22nd, 2008, 18:16
This text can be dragged into the chat portion of the window and will then assume whatever character the GM has selected at that moment.

unormal
May 22nd, 2008, 20:39
Ah, awesome, I was missing the chat-frame step!

TaranShannara
May 28th, 2008, 14:07
Did this and now everything I type in the chat windows has the personality prefix.

How do I unassign the speaker and get back to the GM voice for the chat window and switch during the game?

Kalan
May 28th, 2008, 14:13
Did this and now everything I type in the chat windows has the personality prefix.

How do I unassign the speaker and get back to the GM voice for the chat window and switch during the game?

Click on GM :) There used to be a keyboard shortcut once upon a time - but there isn't anymore (which for keyboard junkies like me is a REAL pain in the buttocks).

TaranShannara
May 28th, 2008, 14:21
Oh, I didn't see the new icon show up just below the Modifier box in the lower left when I added the other speaker.

Thanks!

Spyke
May 30th, 2008, 15:44
Click on GM :) There used to be a keyboard shortcut once upon a time - but there isn't anymore (which for keyboard junkies like me is a REAL pain in the buttocks).You can add this as a hotkey. Type:

/id GM

into the chat box and drag to a hotkey box.

Kalan
June 2nd, 2008, 13:25
You can add this as a hotkey. Type:

/id GM

into the chat box and drag to a hotkey box.

You COULD do that...I guess ;) But that would be too easy :)