PDA

View Full Version : Game Calendar

Broadsword
May 18th, 2008, 15:45
Does the Game Calendar get periodic cleanup and maintenance? It is filled with "dead" games from GM's who no longer check and update thier posting. It makes it hard as a player to find a game that is actaully active. Perhaps requiring DM's to check thier game post once a month to keep it active would be helpful. This was a player could just apply to join active games.

Just a suggestion....

GoOrange
May 18th, 2008, 15:56
AFAIK there is no cleanup on the calendar. Also, there is no way to remove a game from the calendar or remove yourself from a game. I am part of a campaign that I never got around to playing in a year ago, and can't remove myself from the list. I have a defunct game that stopped about 6 months ago that I ran, yet cannot delete the game from the calendar. So even if these GMs wanted to help clean up the calendar by removing their dead games, they couldn't.

It would be a nice upgrade to the website to have more control over the calendar.

Broadsword
May 18th, 2008, 16:34
AFAIK there is no cleanup on the calendar. Also, there is no way to remove a game from the calendar or remove yourself from a game. I am part of a campaign that I never got around to playing in a year ago, and can't remove myself from the list. I have a defunct game that stopped about 6 months ago that I ran, yet cannot delete the game from the calendar. So even if these GMs wanted to help clean up the calendar by removing their dead games, they couldn't.

It would be a nice upgrade to the website to have more control over the calendar.

I agree, it would be a very useful upgrade both for players and GM's.

Griogre
May 18th, 2008, 17:27
By the way if you are a GM and you want to help "clean up" the calendar some - set your old/dead game to be private or hidden. That will at least take it off the list of visible games.

Valarian
May 18th, 2008, 18:34
The new FUM website has an events section that allows registration for an event, and the entry of repeated events.
The same functionality would be useful here for the Game Calendar.

trevorgall
May 19th, 2008, 02:51
Another feature that would be very useful is the TIME ZONE for games, to show on the main list. Rather than having to put it in the title as some have done. Then to be able to filter by time zone.

Valarian
May 19th, 2008, 12:25
Or .. to see game times in your own local time, rather than filtering out all games outside your time zone. There may be games run outside your time zone that would be compatible times.

Broadsword
May 19th, 2008, 12:27
If all the DM's posted the day and time they intended to play in the game description it would help. But a time zone display would be great.