PDA

View Full Version : Getting The Box to Work

Pheonix-IV
May 15th, 2008, 02:28
Ok, this is starting to get annoying. I've tried 3 times to get The Box modification to work, i use the d20unpack.exe, i rename the ruleset folder to d20plusbox, i put the box files into a subfolder in the ruleset called thebox, i modify the 2 lua files and the xml file in the modifications.txt the way it tells me to.
When i fire up the ruleset, there's no box and all the resource books are missing, apart from that, everything is fine.

Wat am i doing wrong? All i want is the fricking box in a standard D20 ruleset :(

Archmage
May 15th, 2008, 15:55
Are you running the GM or Player client? Because the box only shows up on the player's desktop, not the DM's. ALso, the d20 resource modules won't show up because you're not using the d20 ruleset anymore.

Put the following in your base.xml file and the resource books should work again.

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>

Pheonix-IV
May 16th, 2008, 04:41
I was using the DM's client, and that would explain alot.

Many thanks.

Dachannien
May 16th, 2008, 11:43
Archmage has you covered on this one. Hope you find The Box as useful as I do :)

balth
June 3rd, 2008, 04:34
I am looking to install the box, but I can't even FIND the d20unpack.exe...

Could someone humor me and tell me how to find it? I had viewing of invis files on, still didn't see it...

Oberoten
June 3rd, 2008, 08:25
OR you could just copy the D20.pak file, rename it to d20 zip and unzip it into the application data folder/rulesets manually.

balth
June 3rd, 2008, 22:05
I found it, and got it installed, thanks.