PDA

View Full Version : Missing character sheet?

steev42
May 13th, 2008, 01:14
One of my players is having trouble with FG -- notably, his primary character sheet seems to be missing. He's running maximized, and his alternate character sheets are working fine. But when he tries to call up his primary sheet, nothing happens.

I (as GM) can look at it fine, and the shortcuts he's developed seem to be working ok.

I went through the XML on my side, and found a CampaignRegistry.lua that had windowpositions for it, and adjusted that, but it didn't seem to help.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Griogre
May 13th, 2008, 01:20
Could he have placed the Character sheet off the screen so far he can't see it? IE he was on a dual monitor or in a high resolution and put the character sheet on the right side of the screen when he opened it. The opening position is remembered so if he switched back to a single monitor or lower resolution the character sheet would be "off the FG screen."

steev42
May 13th, 2008, 01:22
Actually, he's moved to a dual monitor from a single since the issue started, and nothing. I've checked on that a few times.

Do you happen to know where his window position is stored?

Griogre
May 13th, 2008, 01:40
I'm not really sure where a player's character sheet position is stored. It might be in his cache for the campaign or maybe in one of the files on the server like the CampaignRegistry.lua file. You might try deleting the CampaignRegistry.lua file out of the campaign folder. Don't do this if you are in the middle of a fight because it will clear the combat tracker too, I think, as well as the positions of all the FG windows on your FG desktop.

Maybe someone else knows where the coordinates are kept?

Foen
May 13th, 2008, 06:06
If it is in the campaign cache, he might like to delete the cache (after taking a backup!) and reconnect. This should create a new instance of the cache with clean window positions etc.

Stuart

Dachannien
May 13th, 2008, 18:06
Make sure he's using the same username now that he was originally using when he created the sheet.

If he's not, you have two options: one, have him log out and relog in with the right username, or two, right click on the character entry in the selection window and pick "clear owner".

Edit: Oh, wait, that's not the problem you described. But it's good to know anyway, I guess ;)

steev42
May 19th, 2008, 23:58
Make sure he's using the same username now that he was originally using when he created the sheet.

If he's not, you have two options: one, have him log out and relog in with the right username, or two, right click on the character entry in the selection window and pick "clear owner".

Edit: Oh, wait, that's not the problem you described. But it's good to know anyway, I guess ;)

Good to know indeed--but I've been doing this for weeks, because one of my players had trouble once--and ended up with his characters logged under a different name; I was clearing the owner but only after he'd logged out and back in.

I'm trying to delete the .lua tonight--I'll see how it goes.