PDA

View Full Version : Issue with dies and an ecentric question :P

meathome
May 9th, 2008, 01:32
Ok firstly, when one of the players is currently holding or rolling the dice or they are still spinning moving etc. Nobody else can grab any dice.. it causes all kinds of strange things like dice with someone elses color being picked up, no dice picked up at all, or being unable to roll. This goes away after a sec or so.. so its not major .. but its annoying.

The other thing is, that I really really hate the new path to data files... i never use the my documents fodler... and having the fg2 data in a hidden folder inside is annoying like hell... i know that theres a link in the start menu ... but is there no way to have the data in the fg2 install folder? i know that the my documents thing is defacto standard for multiuser opsystems... but meh :P

Griogre
May 9th, 2008, 03:00
If you are comfortable messing with your registry there is a FG entry which sets the path. It not just FG doing that way, though because putting data in data apps is now Vista compliant - so you will see more and more Windows software doing it that way until pretty much all of them will eventually.

You could also just unhide the folder too.

meathome
May 9th, 2008, 06:48
Thanks!

Worked like a charm. The registry key resides in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0 btw.

joshuha
May 12th, 2008, 15:34
Ok firstly, when one of the players is currently holding or rolling the dice or they are still spinning moving etc. Nobody else can grab any dice.. it causes all kinds of strange things like dice with someone elses color being picked up, no dice picked up at all, or being unable to roll. This goes away after a sec or so.. so its not major .. but its annoying.

Hmm haven't see this before. So if ANY 1 player picks up a die, no other players or the GM can pick up a die? It locks up? Can they type or do other things in the program?

Griogre
May 12th, 2008, 20:30
Thanks!

Worked like a charm. The registry key resides in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0 btw.
You're welcome.

By the way a warning to those with Vista, if you have have Vista and you change the data directory back to program files - Vista virutualization will move the data to the virtual store - also in data apps. Vista does this to retain backward compatibilty with programs designed for XP and older OSs.

You should set the path to a folder in Documents or some place other than program files.

Josh, I've seen it where if you go to pick up a d20 when another one is rolling you get the color of the d20 rolling on your mouse. I always just dropped the dice immediately and had it vanish. I've had players that said the same thing happened to them. The impression is you have managed to grab the rolling dice. I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't drop the d20 right away. This might be easy to reproduce with a player spinning the die and another GM trying to throw a die.

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2008, 04:06
I've seen the dice issue as well. If someone else is rolling and I try to roll dice, then I am unable to pick up the dice or the dice disappear from the pointer. I've also seen the dice rolled pick up someone else's dice color, when they try to roll at same time. I have this happen at least a half dozen times every session.

It seems like there is some sort of system to prevent people from rolling at the same time. Perhaps one of the developers could shed some light...

Thanks,
JPG