PDA

View Full Version : Call of cthulhu

Shivadragon
May 5th, 2008, 01:05
any1 playing or willing to do so?

xaotik1
May 5th, 2008, 03:16
I'd be willing, but don't have the ruleset for FG. Got all the books I need here at home though. If you decide to get a game going, count me in.

Foen
May 5th, 2008, 11:43
Digital Adventures is currently working on an official Chaosium ruleset for Call of Cthulhu, which is taking very good shape. I've been closely involved and can say that the mechanics are almost fully completed, but there is still significant work to do on the references material: the Keeper will have access to the entire contents of the v6 rulebook text.

Keep your eyes peeled, and I'll be certain to let you know when there's more to say!

I just need to roll SAN or less to complete the Necronomicon section...

Stuart

Shivadragon
May 5th, 2008, 14:51
owesome, tnx to let us know man

SolSec
May 13th, 2008, 10:01
Digital Adventures is currently working on an official Chaosium ruleset for Call of Cthulhu, which is taking very good shape. I've been closely involved and can say that the mechanics are almost fully completed, but there is still significant work to do on the references material: the Keeper will have access to the entire contents of the v6 rulebook text.

Keep your eyes peeled, and I'll be certain to let you know when there's more to say!

I just need to roll SAN or less to complete the Necronomicon section...

Stuart

Keep up the good work! I look forward to purchasing the Call of Cthulhu (BRP) ruleset! And don't you worry. Should you fail your SAN rolls.... uhhh... I'll gladly help to commit to an asylum. You will like it over there. Free satellite TV and all that.

Oberoten
May 13th, 2008, 11:17
Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn! Hail the old one, easy enough to summon with a waved around sausage and a couple of cultists... Far more work for the ruleset though. :)

Is the ETA counted in months, weeks or quarters?

Foen
May 13th, 2008, 18:21
I'd guess months-quarters, although less quarters than a dollar!

RedWizard
May 14th, 2008, 02:16
I will definately be watching the progress of that!

Master
May 14th, 2008, 20:16
I am eagerly awaiting this release. Hope it gets here sooner than later.

Shivadragon
May 14th, 2008, 21:33
all hail cthulhu, cant wait for the release

Foen
June 22nd, 2008, 07:49
I have just posted on the Yog-Sothoth site (https://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=136216#136216) with an update on this ruleset and a few screen shots. We're aiming for GenCon this summer.

Stuart

Tristram
June 22nd, 2008, 08:08
This looks great! Can't wait to get back to driving PCs insane. (Cue maniacle laughter here)

Valarian
June 22nd, 2008, 14:27
Looks good and will just have to go on the wish list. Has anyone had a look at the Dark Ages Cthulhu? I've not played Cthulhu in a while and this looks appealing. Is it a full game in itself, or an add-on for Cthulhu 6th Edition? Are the mechanics the same, will Dark Ages Cthulhu be runnable using the ruleset?

Foen
June 22nd, 2008, 14:39
I am not close to Dark Ages Cthulhu, but believe it is a setting (like Cthulhu by Gaslight, and Cthulhu modern).

In which case, the ruleset will work just fine, but some of the reference material (1920s equipment costs, for example) will be less relevant. Of course, the beasts, deities and creatures of the Mythos will still be useful.

Stuart

Valarian
June 22nd, 2008, 15:13
Thanks ... looking forward to the release

Master
June 22nd, 2008, 18:07
I like it, although you will need more than just one slot for other language. I would think 4 minimum for a cthulhu game.

Foen
June 22nd, 2008, 18:29
You can add as many as you want: the same with Art and other skills which have a sub-category.

Stuart

Master
June 22nd, 2008, 18:39
Cant wait! :)

Valarian
August 19th, 2008, 13:00
Is there any post-GenCon news regarding the Cthulhu ruleset?
Oh ... and will it be available from the Fantasy Grounds website as well as the Digital Adventures store?

Foen
August 19th, 2008, 17:24
I didn't attend GenCon, but the ruleset was on display there. I have now completed a play-test adventure and it works really well (there were some teething troubles with the new Notes functionality, but it is resolved now).

The re-skinning is going well too, the combat tracker looks suitably dark (mess with combat in CoC and you're good as dead anyway).

I'll post more of an update if I hear anything specific from the guys who were at GenCon.

Cheers

Stuart

Valarian
August 19th, 2008, 17:34
Any estimates on release yet?
<keeps fingers crossed for a date soon>

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2008, 20:26
From Yog-Sothoth.com

We've gotten about 97% of the text converted, and are now tweaking the basic interface logic so everything is properly linked together. We're doing playtestinig right now as well to get everyone's impression on how things are working and what we might need to add to the interface logic. We also need to finish and optimize the remaining graphics. Right now I'm thinking around two months to completion if there are no setbacks.

:)
MB