PDA

View Full Version : rolls not showing

Redbishop
April 28th, 2008, 15:40
Hi,
We are experiencing a bug where players die rolls won't come up in the text chat, in one ocassion, I even see the roll (the die animation) but it didn't showed up in the chat, any ideas?
Thank you,

richvalle
April 28th, 2008, 19:49
Are NO rolls showing up in the chat window?

When rolling the die it is important to make sure the first place it touches the desktop is inside the chat window. If it does not it will not show the result even if the die ends up in the chat box.

Another thing to watch for is to make sure you don't start typing something and then roll the die. In this case the die roll becomes part of your chat. You can tell this is happening by looking at your chat line and seeing a little die icon there. Hit enter and it will show up in the window.

There is a known issue where sometimes the die will show different results from what shows up in the window or sometimes it doesn't show a result at all. We treat these as '****ed die' that happens around a game table and force a reroll (if nothing showed up in the chat window) or we take whatever shows up in the chat.

rv

Redbishop
April 28th, 2008, 19:54
Thanks for the answer, Some of the rolls where showing up, but some weren't, I saw once the die rolling in th table and the result, but it didn't make it to the chat window.
The problem seem to happen only to the players, or at least I never got it. I'm going to check if the ywere writing something when they got the problem.

Griogre
April 28th, 2008, 21:58
As richvalle mentioned, you have to throw and release the dice inside the large chat text window - if you don't the die won't stick. If you have a player having a particular problem tell him to pick up the die move it to the bottom of the window and above the chat line and then throw the die up towards the top of the chat window. Typically if you see the roll but it doesn't stick, though, they have a die stuck in the chat line because they were typing and threw the die and it is now trapped in the chat line.

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2008, 08:16
I had this happen a couple times tonight as well. The player's dice would appear in the window when rolled, but no chat message was generated. It only seems to happen for short windows of time, perhaps some sort of weird state issue.

Cheers,
JPG

Dachannien
April 30th, 2008, 17:04
99 times out of 100, we tell the person to hit Enter, and the die roll shows up, usually with a bunch of spaces or something before it, because the player didn't realize they had hit some keys beforehand.