PDA

View Full Version : serious problem with Fantasy Grounds

BadKarma
April 27th, 2008, 17:35
We encountered a serious problem with Fantasy Grounds II. We have one Full Licence and several Lite licences of the latest version and are working with laptops and normal PCs. We observed the problem consistently independent of the machine used.

The Game Master is unable to distribute any files or preload them. The Players will only see the loading sign. Also the character pictures chosen by the players are only displayed to the Game Master but not in the players client.

However, we figured that everything works fine in the moment where a client is logging into the session. BUt later no data transfer seems possible anymore. We still see dice rolling and movement of tokens and the chat is functioning, indicating a working information transfer between server and clients.

If anybody has a clue or can point to a related topic in this forum, please post!

Griogre
April 27th, 2008, 23:12
Just how big are these maps? They sound like they might be huge. Very large maps take a long time to load with a full group. The size of the map transfered seems to be the uncompressed size.

I would also double check to make sure the GM's ports are open and not stealthed.

Oberoten
April 28th, 2008, 06:47
Actually I had this problem myself until yesterday.

One thing that helps : Defragmentation and disabling QoS scheduling for the web connection.

Of course, not being satisfied with this only partially resolving the problem i went the drastic route and re-installed Windows. Now it works as a charm again.

Note that this is a HOST-thing, not necesary for the clients.