PDA

View Full Version : Newbie DM

Redbishop
April 26th, 2008, 17:21
After creating a textbox, and clicking chat box, assign speaker, how do assign the personality to the textbox?
Can I Export personalities from one campaign to another?
Sometimes I can't enter info in the main tab of trhe personalities (no edit option comes up and no edit capabilities) is it a bug, or am I locking it somehow?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Griogre
April 26th, 2008, 20:37
After creating a textbox, and clicking chat box, assign speaker, how do assign the personality to the textbox?
There is a couple of different ways to assign speaker to frame text. I'm going to give you a simple one.

1) Before typing anything - Right click use the radial menu and select "Chat Frame". This will give you an empty box.

2) Type in the text you want the NPC to say.

3) Press the tab key. The cursor should jump to the start of the text.

4) Type in the name of the NPC. If things are working correctly you should see the name appear then a "space" and then the text.

Can I Export personalities from one campaign to another?
Yes. :) That is what exporting (making) modules is all about. You can also make a library book style of module like the monster one but that takes more work. To make an adventure module just load the campaign which has what you want to export in it and then typle /export on the chat line. This will bring up a pop up window. Fill in the top two lines and check which type of books you want to export - then right click in the middle and select export. You should get a message in chat saying the module was exported successfully. Now if you go into another campaign and activate the module you will be able to see the data you exported. Do a search on adventure modules for more information.

Sometimes I can't enter info in the main tab of trhe personalities (no edit option comes up and no edit capabilities) is it a bug, or am I locking it somehow?
I am guessing your problem is when you try to edit a *library book* entry instead of a personality listing. You can't edit anything in a library book that data is fixed - that's so you always have the base monster. If you want to customize a monster for an adventure, first drag and drop the creature from the library book listing into your personality listing and then edit it there. You can always tell if you have a personality book entry open vs a library book entry by looking at the boxes around the text on the combat tab - library book entries only have boxes around HP and Initiative on the Combat tab. Personality entires have boxes around everything.

Its also possible if it is a personality entry you have not right clicked and selected edit.

Thanks a lot for your help.
You're welcome. If you are still confused, keep asking questions.

Redbishop
April 27th, 2008, 15:12
Thanks for your help, I think I wasn't able to enter text because I delete the "enter text here" placeholder and after that I didn't clic in the right place, but I was finally able to figure it out.
And your other answers help me a lot, now I have my quoted textbox working right :D
Thanks once again!

Bidmaron
November 27th, 2008, 15:29
I am guessing your problem is when you try to edit a *library book* entry instead of a personality listing. You can't edit anything in a library book that data is fixed - that's so you always have the base monster. If you want to customize a monster for an adventure, first drag and drop the creature from the library book listing into your personality listing and then edit it there. You can always tell if you have a personality book entry open vs a library book entry by looking at the boxes around the text on the combat tab - library book entries only have boxes around HP and Initiative on the Combat tab. Personality entires have boxes around everything.

Its also possible if it is a personality entry you have not right clicked and selected edit.

In FG2 version 2.3.0. and beyond, you can now actually edit library modules and have changes persist beyond the session. You still can't edit library rulebooks. For more information, see this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9164&highlight=update).

I updated this so that anyone doing a search would have current information (well, at least on this thread).