PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alpha Skills question.

bakakel
April 25th, 2008, 03:41
disclaimer: i'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

Trying to set-up the Pathfinder skill set for my rulesets, basically the rundown is..

No Half-ranks,
No Cross-class skills, (but see class skills)
No x4 skill points at first level, (i realize that no programming needs to be done for this)
Any Class skills that have at least 1 rank invested get a +3 untyped bonus.
Max Ranks = Level.

My question is: how would i need to modifiy the d20 ruleset to reflect this?

I've already changed:
local maxranks = levelnode.getValue() + 0; (in charsheet_skillranks, which seemed quite straightforward)

I realize this is a bit of work, and i really appreciate any help you all could give.
:)

Griogre
April 25th, 2008, 06:56
Honestly you really wouldn't need a ruleset change. Just check everything as a class skill on the charactersheet. You always put in the amount of skill points anyway so how many skill points is input anyway by the player. Then you could just add a +3 in the Misc col for any skill with ranks.

The only autocalculation with skills is the max cross class ranks, but that is meaningless if there are no crossclass skills.

bakakel
April 25th, 2008, 13:51
I have to admit, that would be a ton easier - i'm not sure if i don't want a bit of complexity though, in order to make the character sheets exactly the way i want them...

Bah, just talking to myself, sorry.
Thanks for the reply, i may just do that in the end.

Griogre
April 25th, 2008, 18:41
It all depends on how many changes you have. I don't think a small change like this is worth pushing out a ruleset to your players. Now if you had a few more changes then it might be worth it.