PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms

Redbishop
April 23rd, 2008, 15:29
anyone interested in an Age of Worms campaign?
Is an adventure path published in the dungeon magazine designe to take a group of 4 characters from levels 1 to 20.
i would like to start with a group of 5 players so even if 2 of them drop we won't need a replacements, but any number from 3 up will do.
Schedule will be any day from tue - thu 7pm - 12 pm EDT (GMT -4 I think)
we'll be using ventrilo for VoiP

INTERESTED BEWARE: I've been working in the US for 7 months, so I have a strong accent :o , I think we can work out this with the use of the chat though, and hopefully I'll keep improving and you'll eventually get used to it in the end :D .

l1wolf
April 24th, 2008, 13:57
I am interested pending some questions. Are we looking at 5 hr session. I could probably do wednesday going from 7 til 10 or 11. What books are you allowing. How would stat generation and other such things go?

Andrepartthree
April 24th, 2008, 14:23
Hi there! I was in an FG game but unfortunately my DM had to bow out due to time constraints, so I'm looking for a new game to join up with ... My e-mail is [email protected] if you'd like to communicate that way? b.t.w accents are cool man, wish I had one! ;)

PS I don't know a lot about age of worms, I found this entry on it in wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms

I'm guessing you're running a d20 D&D campaign ? (set in the world of Grayhawk I'm guessing from what I read ;) )

Redbishop
April 24th, 2008, 15:09
Hi,
I am aiming to a 4 hr session (from my experience, online games tend to go slower than f2f games), but we can go down to a 3 hour if is better for the group.
The campaign will be a d&d 3.5 with all the basic classes and feats + completes (I don't have psionics material, so if you want one, we'll have to stick to what is in the srd)
Character creation 32 point, this is a *tough campaign* characters are expected to die and twisted plots can and will be used against the players, I tried to run run this campaign once and this dissolved the group because they got angry after one of this plots, certain degree of maturity is required here, I am not trying to kill the players, but I will not try to save you either, I'll just read the material and try to act in the best, more coherent way from the information that I have.
This campaign is mainly a dungeon crawl, some rp opportunities will arise between dungeons so I can try to emphasize on them if the group enjoy it.
The world is Greyhawk, you will start in a little city called diamond Lake near the Free City.
The link in the wikipedia is the right one, that's the campaign that we'll be running.
if you have any other doubts feel free to post them.

Yelraf
April 25th, 2008, 03:49
I'm interested in joining the game. It looks like l1wolf is good on Wed and I'd be good for that day as well.

Redbishop
April 26th, 2008, 03:04
Hi, please send me an email to [email protected], We have 4 potential players, so we can start talking about the campaign, anyone else interested, please post here or send me an email, we still have one spot open for the target number of 5 players, and if things hasn't changed, at least one pr two players will drop before starting
Cheers
Let the dice roll again :D

Redbishop
April 27th, 2008, 02:53
If you are interested, here you can find some information about the town where the campaign begins:
https://www.elrethiel.phpnet.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=47

Redbishop
April 28th, 2008, 23:46
Let's meet this wednesday to start with the character creation, please create it in the server to avoid the character duplication bug, I will try to rp a little some social encounters, so we can start knowing Diamond Lake, (I have to get acquainted with all the NPCs and start to flesh them out a little)
Please let me know if you can make it.
Andres

Redbishop
April 30th, 2008, 20:18
We are doing the character creation session tonight.
I will open the server today (05-30-08) by 7pm (EDT GMT -4) FG Alias <<just roll epic roll>>, The main objective of today's session is to agree on some issues like schedule (maybe play from 8-11? 7-10? 7-11?, every wednesday, every 2 weeks, whatever), communication channel (Forum, email, etc) and I would also like to hear what are you expecting from the campaign guys, (more RPing, more combat, balanced story).
If you are interested you are welcome to join us, we still have 1, posibbly 2, spot(s) opens.

Redbishop
May 1st, 2008, 04:06
Hi we have 3 players now, and we are waiting for the 4th who couldn't make it today but is going to play a druid (looks like so far)
I will try to keep a little log here:
https://www.elrethiel.phpnet.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=25&Itemid=54
with all the campaign information, so if anyone wish to join, he would be able to catch up with what have happened so far, we still have one spot open, so if you are interested, shoot me an email.

Redbishop
May 5th, 2008, 03:41
We have a full 4 players party now, the description of the initial party can be found on the campaign's web
https://www.elrethiel.phpnet.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=25&Itemid=54
If you are interested to join, we stil have one spot open, right now we are working on the introduction via email, and this Wednesday we'll have our first session.

Redbishop
May 9th, 2008, 00:24
The Campaign has officially started, with our first session being played yesterday, now we have a full 5 players party, so I won't be accepting new players until a spot opens, anyway, if you want to follow the story, you can find the logs of the session in the web
(WARNING if you plan to play this campaign, this logs contains heavy SPOILERS)
https://www.elrethiel.phpnet.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=54
I will try to keep it updated so anyone can catch up with what's going on if he join us later.
Bugs during first session:
- dice rolling and not showing on chat
- duplicate character sheet.

Griogre
May 9th, 2008, 04:29
What was you duplicate character sheet problem? If you have a player that keeps logging in with his local character instead of using his server character it will create a new copy of the local character on the server every time he does so. Naturally the local character copied over will only have the stuff when it was created.

Redbishop
May 14th, 2008, 23:37
Hi! sorry I didn't answer before Gugre, but I stopped checking the forum for a while,
Yes, I think that that was the problem, is there any way to force the players to use server characters?
-----
Today (may 14th) we are having our second AoW session, one of the players has retired, so if anyone want to come and check if you like the game, feel free to do so (I'd really like to finish this campaign even if the final 5 players are totally different from the starting 5 :o )

Griogre
May 15th, 2008, 01:07
The only real way is to tell them to delete their local character and for you to delete all the extra characters on the server. If they only have one choice they can't pick the wrong one. :D

If they don't want to delete the local character then just watch when they log in. After they are in open up the list of server characters. If there is more than one character for them then they logged in with the wrong one. Tell them that and tell them to disconnect and log in again. Delete the extra character after they log out. Keep having them do this until they figure out how to select the right character.

Redbishop
May 21st, 2008, 01:04
Tomorrow we have our third session, our heroes are still trying to find the source of the restless spirit that lives there.
If you want to join, we have a spot open, feel free to pass by tomorrow wed 21st may 8 pm EDT.

Redbishop
May 21st, 2008, 21:21
the second session is now on the webpage

Redbishop
May 28th, 2008, 04:27
tomo rrow, may 28th at 8pm EDT we are having the 4th session, right now we have a party of 4, but I'd like to keep the number of players at 5, if you are interested, feel free to join us.
Andres

Redbishop
June 11th, 2008, 02:41
I have updated the campaign's log, we don't have open slots currently though.
https://www.elrethiel.phpnet.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=62