PDA

View Full Version : Token Issue.

turelus
April 20th, 2008, 19:23
Okay I'm having some issues with the use of tokens and just wondered if this was normal or I'm doing something wrong.

If I have a map open (but not shared with players) and I add tokens on while players are connected then the tokens I add seem to appear in their token box which has aleady caused one minor spoiler with a player who was connected while I was mocking up maps.

I was just wondering if there is a way to stop this or it is just the way the program works? Also while I'm asking this I'll ask another thing thats been bugging me... Why can't I use the numpad?

Master
April 20th, 2008, 19:54
That is one of the main reasons I use generic tokens and not monster picture tokens.

The keypad can not be used because it is used for shortcuts in FGII. It is hard coded and to my knowledge they have no plans on changing it.

joshuha
April 20th, 2008, 20:35
That is one of the main reasons I use generic tokens and not monster picture tokens.

The keypad can not be used because it is used for shortcuts in FGII. It is hard coded and to my knowledge they have no plans on changing it.

Actually it is in the planning stages to allow in number mode to function as numbers and normal mode as window shortcuts.

Dachannien
April 21st, 2008, 02:04
I was just wondering if there is a way to stop this or it is just the way the program works? Also while I'm asking this I'll ask another thing thats been bugging me... Why can't I use the numpad?

The thing with the tokens showing up in the token box on client machines is just an unreported bug. The numpad thing is because the numpad keys are connected to sheet bookmarks (hold a number down for a bit to set, then push to recall). (Personally, I'd rather just be able to enter numbers with it.)

turelus
May 2nd, 2008, 07:03
Thanks for the info guys :)

If that is an unreported bug how would I go about reporting it?

Dachannien
May 2nd, 2008, 15:46
Er, sorry, I guess by unreported I meant reported. Wheee! :)

Astinus
May 2nd, 2008, 19:15
Actually it is in the planning stages to allow in number mode to function as numbers and normal mode as window shortcuts.

That's great, great, great news. :)

Foen
May 2nd, 2008, 21:37
BTW, if tokens are used elsewhere in the ruleset (such as on NPC sheets) they also seem to appear sometimes in the client token bag when the NPC sheet is opened on the host.

Well, at least it does for me.

Stuart

Foen
May 3rd, 2008, 06:25
A clarification to my previous post:

When an NPC sheet is shared (if your ruleset permits it) which contains tokens on it, the tokens appear in the client token bag. They disappear again once the sheet is closed.

Stuart

unimatrixzero
May 3rd, 2008, 22:31
Hi
If you were seriously worried about letting players see the GM tokens you could simply edit the desktop_classes.xml and remove the token bag from the player shortcuts list. This would simply remove the bag from the client side desktop.

What do players use tokens for anyway? hehe!!!! :p Only their own portrait one in my experience!

Uni

Foen
May 3rd, 2008, 22:37
A very good point...

Dachannien
May 4th, 2008, 23:50
My players have a token for use when they're on foot and another for when they're on horseback, and they also use tokens for familiars, animal companions, and summoned creatures.