PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures 2008?

Hefsgaard
April 20th, 2008, 17:01
Or what happened to Iron Heroes for FG2?

Stuart
April 21st, 2008, 07:02
We are in the final stages of testing the Arcana Evolved Ruleset, this should be ready in a matter of weeks (I hope). The Iron Heroes ruleset is next on the conversion list and work on that is well underway, I'm guessing here as I am not directly linked to this project but ... I'd hope next month :confused:

Digital have two new rulesets on the way which have taken up alot of time as both are non d20, also some other "stuff" which Thore, I am sure, will want to announce when he his "back in the saddle".

Gman
April 21st, 2008, 14:35
Thanks for the update. I have been eagerly awaiting the Arcana Evolved conversion. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Doswelk
April 21st, 2008, 15:10
Thanks for the update. I have been eagerly awaiting the Arcana Evolved conversion. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Me too!

:p:D:p

Hefsgaard
May 16th, 2008, 18:12
Well I only wait for Iron Heroes ;-)

Thore_Ironrock
May 16th, 2008, 21:51
Look for a flurry of products this next week ... including the AE upgrades. :)

Thore_Ironrock
May 18th, 2008, 03:27

The Arcana Evolved Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II is now up for sale! Previous buyers of the product should receive upgrade information soon. :)

Hefsgaard
July 1st, 2008, 08:30
Iron Heroes?

Stuart
July 1st, 2008, 10:36
Not at all - the IH ruleset is, as I understand things, not too far behind. I'm sure you'll understand that with a CoC ruleset and GenCon fast approaching, efforts have been "appropriately" channeled.

Thore will probably post an update on DA after GenCon re on-going projects and possibly anything he gleans about WoTC, GSL etc.

I should add, thanks to all of those in the conversion of the AE to FG2, my favourite 3.5 "setting" - nice job Markus et al ;-)

Thore_Ironrock
July 1st, 2008, 11:41
Iron Heroes?

Only the IH Bestiary needs to be completed. When that is done we'll release both products. Likely 1-2 weeks.

Stuart
July 1st, 2008, 12:57
Clearly, the Boss is packed and ready for GenCon ;-)

Thore_Ironrock
July 1st, 2008, 23:35
Clearly, the Boss is packed and ready for GenCon ;-)

I wish. I haven't even started my flyers yet. :P

BTW ... for any that are attending the show in Indy this year, Digital Adventures and SmiteWorks are in the same booth as Pinnacle Entertainment Group and Studio 2 Publishing. Not sure of the booth number off hand, but I know it is on the eastern portion of the hall by the software vendors (same area as last year, for those that were there).

:)

phloog
July 2nd, 2008, 02:06
I see no signs of a True20 product - - would this ever be a possibility?

Thore_Ironrock
July 2nd, 2008, 03:48
I see no signs of a True20 product - - would this ever be a possibility?

Unfortunately, I have sent emails several times to GR regarding a licensing deal, but have never received a response. If members of the community wish to approach publishers to refer them to Digital Adventures, please feel free. This has worked very well in the past with Castles & Crusades and Call of Cthuhlu. ;)

phloog
July 2nd, 2008, 14:28
Got it...I have mad pestering skillz, so I'll give it a shot.

Hefsgaard
August 5th, 2008, 10:30
One to two weeks in which world? :ogre:

Thore_Ironrock
August 5th, 2008, 12:15
One to two weeks in which world? :ogre:

We ran into an issue with the IH Beastiary, and this has delayed things since we want to release them together. I will be trying to release the IH ruleset pre-Gen Con, then the beastiary will be afterwards.

Just too damn busy this time of year ...

Hefsgaard
August 13th, 2008, 21:20
We ran into an issue with the IH Beastiary, and this has delayed things since we want to release them together. I will be trying to release the IH ruleset pre-Gen Con, then the beastiary will be afterwards.

Beastiary is not very good anyway :-) I can always add that handfull of relevant creatures :-)

Thore_Ironrock
August 14th, 2008, 01:41
The IH products are done, just didn't get a chance to get it out before leaving for Gen Con. Will be out when I return. :)

Kevin

Doswelk
August 14th, 2008, 17:58
Beastiary is not very good anyway :-) I can always add that handfull of relevant creatures :-)

Took me ages to convert the Bestiary.... <sulk>

:p

Hefsgaard
August 18th, 2008, 14:22
Sorry to hear that. But great to know you were able to :-)
I do suppose the NPC classes are good. Its just the actualy critters that are Weird to say the least, and overpowering at worst ;-)

Looking forward to seeing it all :-)

Hefsgaard
August 23rd, 2008, 07:18
Another weekend without Iron Heroes. Bloody long GenCon! ;-)

unerwünscht
August 23rd, 2008, 07:31
I just checked my back yard, no new holes, so jthm0138 didn't get him. Or at least was smart enough to not hide the body here if he did.

Oberoten
August 23rd, 2008, 10:07
... THAT just reminds me of the Warhammer Adventure "Fear the würst."

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2008, 14:26
Another weekend without Iron Heroes. Bloody long GenCon! ;-)

FYI ... being sarcastic does not make the wheels any move faster.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8865

unerwünscht
August 23rd, 2008, 19:20
Faster wheels move not from rude being either.

Orpheus
August 23rd, 2008, 20:20
Faster wheels move not from rude being either.
I don't think that Thore was attempting to be rude. I believe that he was trying to be humorous as well.

Now this is rude: Where the HELL is Call of Cthulhu?!?!?;)

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2008, 23:28
I don't think that Thore was attempting to be rude. I believe that he was trying to be humorous as well.

Now this is rude: Where the HELL is Call of Cthulhu?!?!?;)

Still in playtesting ... dammit!

Now get lost before I sic Yeb-Iä! Shub-Niggurath on you!!!

Orpheus
August 23rd, 2008, 23:46
Still in playtesting ... dammit!

Now get lost before I sic Yeb-Iä! Shub-Niggurath on you!!!
:eek: I'll fail my Sanity roll for sure!

Seriously, take your time. Make it purrty, ya hear?;)

Oberoten
August 24th, 2008, 01:33
Still in playtesting? Fthagn.

Foen
August 24th, 2008, 07:10
We have just concluded the first round of play-testing, and found it worked really well. During play, it became apparent that there needed to be better mechanisms for sharing clues with the investigators: right-clicking and using 'share' on an image of a newspaper cutting isn't great if the group collects lots of them, and they also need re-sharing each session.

As a result, I added the facility to share entries in the Notes list, by clicking on a 'public' checkbox. I also exposed the Notes list to the Keeper, and she can also drag items and chatbox text to the list to share with players. It's working pretty well now.

The other feature I added during play-testing was another reference module on how to use the ruleset. It doesn't cover how to play Call of Cthulhu, or how to use FG, but how to use FG to play Call of Cthulhu (including the non-d20 functionailty). The Keeper sees more of this reference than the players.

I have implemented two of the four adventures bundled with the ruleset (The Haunting and The Edge of Darkness), am part-way through the third (The Mad Man) and have yet to start the fourth (Dead Man Stomp). Playing Edge of Darkness was great!

I want to do another round of play-testing as combat hasn't really been given much of a try: combat isn't a big feature of CoC, but it still needs to work smoothly for those daft moments when a bunch of investigators wants to take on a shoggoth!

Finally, work is ongoing in respect of the ruleset skin, which is not yet complete. While all of the frames are finished, FG has a heck of a lot of radial icons etc which need to be replaced.

Hope that gives you some flavour of current progress.

Stuart

Oberoten
August 24th, 2008, 08:01
Glorious. I might not be first in line for Iron Heroes, but this one? This one I will practically be hanging on the door-handle for. (Just like with Savage Worlds.)

One question that comes to mind though is this : Will you be using the BRP system for limbs?

Foen
August 24th, 2008, 08:44
Call of Cthulhu doesn't use the BRP limb system. You'll have to wait for the BRP ruleset for that one :)

Stuart

Oberoten
August 24th, 2008, 08:46
Tsk tsk tsk... Or finishing the DoDExpert one for FG2.

Choices choices.

Valarian
August 24th, 2008, 08:46
I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of Cthulhu ... sorry, the release of the ruleset ;). I've recently got hold of the Dark Ages book and wish to throw a set of players against the horrors of the mythos without all the luxuries of the 19th Century.

VenomousFiligree
August 24th, 2008, 09:39
Good news Foen, really looking forward to this one!

Tenian
August 25th, 2008, 00:40
CoC is still in playtesting because Foen spends all his time answering my random coding questions over in The Workshop!