PDA

View Full Version : Connection problem...

kayido
April 14th, 2008, 23:17
Is there a way i could host a game and someone connect to me ? Seriously i passed all day long to find a way . I tought it was my router blocking the connecting, then i disabled it and connect dirrectly on my computer, still wont working... On the host a game screen, i got a internal ip adress like if i was under a router but i am not. I searched google around and tought that it was my modem (speedstream 4200) , tried to unlock it and foward ports , nothing worked so far ! I even called my internet provider for help , eventually they didnt want to help , of course.

And i dont have any firewall active on my computer, i closed all ! The problem seem that my modem is acting like a router...

My last resort is hamachi, wonder if it could really help ..

If someone got an idea please help ?

kayido
April 14th, 2008, 23:47
I tired hamachi , doesnt work too.... I tried to tunnel the connection and it keep going green flashing icon, the connection isnt doing between us ! Im really desperate...

Griogre
April 15th, 2008, 00:06
You'll are going to tell us more if you want help. You probably either have another router you need to configure, you have security software blocking the port or you have not properly ported forwared every box between you and the Internet.

I'd start by seeing if your port is open. Start FG. Then go to https://www.pcflank.com/ select advanced port scanner on the left and scan port 1802. If this port is not open (ie stealthed or closed) you need to open it. Be aware that cutting off a modern firewall does not open ports.

kayido
April 15th, 2008, 00:46
How could i have another router ? i just have a modem for internet connection ...

1802 - 1802 stealthed

"Stealthed" (by a firewall) -Means that your computer is invisible to others on the Internet and protected by a firewall or other similiar software.

Its not possible , i got my windows firewall down and my zonealarm firewall is not even open ! Could i have a magical aptitude to create unknown firewall with my psyche...?

No but seriously, i dont even know how to properly foward ports , its too complicated. I tried several hours today but i just cant, i need to unlock my modem which is it impossible to do.

So basicly how do i open ports if i cant even do any port foward because my stupid modem if locked and dont want to unlock ? (speedstream 4200)

Beside I know nothing in networking.

Griogre
April 15th, 2008, 01:59
Your "modem" (unless you are really on dialup it really isn't a modem) probably has a both a router and firewall in it (most broadband connectors do). If it was supplied by your ISP then you can call them and have tech support walk you through how to open and forward the port to your other router.

kayido
April 15th, 2008, 15:11
The problem is that i did call my isp provider and their answer was :

We cant help you, if you are connected to internet then its not our job. So they just wont help for that.

Hamish
April 15th, 2008, 18:33
I suggest finding a new ISP. Or send them a dictionary page with the word "SERVICE" on it. :mad:
What type of modem/router do you have, maybe someone knows the default password.

Oberoten
April 15th, 2008, 20:14
Have you tried the simple passwords?

Basically : User: Admin / Administrator
Pass:Admin / ADMIN /admin / 1234 / 1111 / 4321 etc etc etc?

kayido
April 15th, 2008, 21:29
I did tried it , i followed a manual that supposed to unlock it ... Admin passw adwin did work but for some reason it dont unlock anything. My modem is a speedsteam 4200 serie.

Here the manual i followed :

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11490618 .

Ok it says for 5200 but in the manual its suposed to be the same, i did some research on 4200 but all the topic are from 2005 or 2006 and nothing seem to really work.

Hamish
April 16th, 2008, 19:13
What happened when you followed this manual? Could you complete it, or did you run into a problem before that?

kayido
April 17th, 2008, 13:23
I coudn't complete it at all, i did the first 2 steps and it just down work and i still got access denied.

Hamish
April 20th, 2008, 20:24
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying..... You managed steps 1 and 2 and then.....?