PDA

View Full Version : FG2 Freezing Up

Draid13
April 7th, 2008, 20:41
About 10 seconds to 1 minute after starting up a game it freezes. I have to alt-tab or use the start button to close it out. There are no error messages or anything, it just freezes shortly after starting up. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Griogre
April 8th, 2008, 01:21
Do you have the full version? If so it sounds like FG may be trying to connect to the alias server and failing. Usually when that happens you get a message saying the alias server can't be found and you have to click on an OK popup. Make sure the popup is not hidden under something.

Draid13
April 8th, 2008, 18:56
There aren't any message boxes that pop up. Even when I try to create a character it freezes after the same amount of time. I've closed out all other applications running and it still doesn't work (except for norton anti-virus). Would it have anything to do with the auto-save function? I have reinstalled three times and it still does this. Even when I try to work on campaign stuff offline it freezes. Any ideas?

joshuha
April 8th, 2008, 19:52
What kind of graphics card are you running? What version of DirectX?

Are you using the default d20 ruleset? And is this a player or GM client along with the version?

Draid13
April 8th, 2008, 20:07
I have an ATI Radeon Express 200m graphics card. It's a GM client and I have the most recent Directx download as of March. And I am using the d20 default ruleset.

prstone50
April 23rd, 2008, 03:54
I am having the same problem. The game worked fine 2 weeks ago too. I have been having some wierd video issues with another game lately too though.