PDA

View Full Version : New to FG

OldWyrm
April 4th, 2008, 13:08
I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds. I went over the posts but I have some questions.

Are there any GM's running open D&D games?

Are there any GM's willing to work with a new player in learning FG?

Is there a section for each differant game so players can find a party?

I have been playing D&D since the 70's so learning the game isnt an issue. Learning the interface however is an issue.

Thanks

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 13:12
If 6:00 AM Central isn't too early for you, take a look at the 4E oneshot. It's a pretty good crash course in the game. :)

OldWyrm
April 4th, 2008, 14:23
I am up at 5am Central anyway. But I have no idea what 4E is. Can you fill me in?

OldWyrm
April 4th, 2008, 15:06
LOL, never mind. 4E=4th edition. Got it.

Griogre
April 5th, 2008, 02:58
The FG interface is cake for anyone who has played in face to face games. The real important thing is to learn to make hot key short cuts and that is just a matter of drag and dropping.

I'm also looking for a 11th level arcane caster in my Tuesday afternoon/night Istivin game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8157

OldWyrm
April 5th, 2008, 15:27
I am trying to figure out the interface at this point. I can see the info I need but havent figured out how to transfer the info were I need it yet.

As for your caster, I would be interested if you dont mind working with me while I learn the interface. But I would understand if you wanted someone experienced with it. What time zone do you play in?

Griogre
April 5th, 2008, 21:02
I'm in Pacific Time Zone (currently GMT -8 ) the Tuesday game runs from 4-8 PM my time (it's an east coast friendly time). On the interface, if you know how to play D&D at 11th level I don't care if you don't know FG (its that easy to pick up). You might want to add you location or times you are available to play to the info displayed. Because people play from all different time zones it makes it much easier to find a game when people know when you are available.

OldWyrm
April 7th, 2008, 12:17
What charecter classes are currently in game?

Griogre
April 7th, 2008, 18:19
Cleric 11, Fighter 11, Fighter 8/Barbarian 3, Rogue 7/Fighter 4.

OldWyrm
April 7th, 2008, 18:23
So you have no arcane at all?

Do you have the charecters from the players that dropped?

Griogre
April 7th, 2008, 18:44
So you have no arcane at all?
No, none. The rogue doesn't even have UMD.

Do you have the charecters from the players that dropped?
Bobby's mage is still alive and in the party right now, he's a Wiz 11, so yes.

If you are still worried about FG, I can walk you through the client in about 20 minutes. I think you were in one of Xorn's playtests, so the walkthrough would mean more to you now you have played once.

OldWyrm
April 7th, 2008, 18:58
Yea the interface isnt too hard but it still has me a bit confused. I havent gotten the hang of adding all the modifiers and stuff onto my rolls. That is just going to take time I think. The game with Xorn went very well I think. If you are willing to bear with me while I get the hang of using the interface, I am interested.

FYI

I have Ventrillo and Teamspeak in case you use those too.

Griogre
April 8th, 2008, 00:16
PM sent and I use Teamspeak for audio.

DarkWiz58
April 12th, 2008, 22:34
Several of the existing players were new to FGII when they started in this game:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8242

We'd be glad to have you join us.

One of us gives you an online tutorial before you begin to play, if you want it.

Send me a Private Message here, or outside email at: [email protected]

-DarkWiz58 / Alex M.

OldWyrm
April 14th, 2008, 02:26
the game looks great but the times dont work. I am at work when your scheduled to play.