PDA

View Full Version : 4E One-Shot Fan Demo (April 6th) 11:00 GMT

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 12:42
Hi everyone!

Short notice, but I will not be running my normal campaign on Saturday, so I will be running a 4E fan demo/one-shot! I will be using a new adventure this go around, so unless you've been playing elsewhere this will be stuff you haven't seen before (including some creatures you haven't dealt with before). I'm going to take the first 6 to sign up, even from my own play crew. In my opinion this adventure was written with four players in mind, so I'll be testing out the on-the-fly encounter scaling, as well!

You will need Ventrilo (as we do everything over voice to keep the game moving) and if you have not used my ruleset before, it's advisable to connect to my server and download it Saturday evening (I'll leave it up all night). I'm off work today so I'll check the forum frequently for sign-ups, and update this thread. People that have not been in one of my 4E fan games will have priority to get in, as usual. Game ooon!

Confirmed Signups:
1. Seriul
2. Yelraf
3. OldWyrm
4. Wraith
5. Quisario

(If you haven't played in one of my 4E one-shots, I will bump people off this list, based on how many times they've played, meaning Seriul will be bumped, to make room for fresh meat.)

Seriul
April 4th, 2008, 12:50
I've heard such great things about 4e that I would love to give it a try and see if its something that my group should consider when it comes out.

Himo
April 4th, 2008, 13:05
I wouldn't mind playing again. But if people who haven't played before want to play take them before me.

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 13:11
Sweet. Someone find Wraith. I should send him a private message. :P

Yelraf
April 4th, 2008, 14:28
I'd like to get in on this. Do you have a good idea of about how long the game session will run?

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 16:42
4-6 hours. I don't think it will run all 6, but we're stopping then, regardless. Because we only have a fraction of the 4E rules, it's a hack-n-slash style game to get familiar with the mechanics. Though this adventure actually has a slightly deeper plot to it. :)

And there's no dragon this time... or is there?

Himo
April 4th, 2008, 18:12
sorry I can't make Sunday after all.

OldWyrm
April 4th, 2008, 18:33
Is this Saturday or Sunday?

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 18:37
Sunday, April 6th, 11:00 GMT (6:00 AM Central)

Habbalah
April 4th, 2008, 18:43
I'd love to play but there's no way I can get up at 6am on a Sunday.

OldWyrm
April 4th, 2008, 18:44
Where is the link for your rules so I can give them a look? Are they downloadable so I can really go thru them?

Xorn
April 4th, 2008, 19:11
Pre-Release Rules We Know (https://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221806)

Should I sign you up?

Yelraf
April 4th, 2008, 22:20
Sign me up please.

OldWyrm
April 5th, 2008, 00:57
yes sign me up please

Wraith
April 5th, 2008, 01:43
Xorn I'm offended you didn't put my name on the list at the start! I said I had blocked off the time weather we played or not. I am so in 4E its not even funny. I was playing my open table the other night making the conversions in my head thinking damn this would be easier if we did it like 4E. I'm there with bells on.

My characters first action to hunt that dragon to the ends of the earth and slay it with my magical staff that I don't know what it does but I will use it as a club and beat it over the head.

Quisario
April 5th, 2008, 07:05
Count me in too Xorn

Xorn
April 5th, 2008, 13:05
Wraith:
"Well it's gonna be rough, buddy, I didn't want to speak for you..."

I'm telling you though, no dragon this go around--of course I could be lying...

Should be a fun game! Connection info will be the same for those of you that have played before, those of you that haven't, I'll send out PMs with the connect info later today. If possible, connect and download the ruleset today (I'll be leaving the server up as much as I can today.) You can also claim a character to use.

I should mention that if someone just wants to observe, that is fine--someone wanted to observe last time and I totally forgot to send the info to them!

OldWyrm
April 5th, 2008, 15:24
So you will have pregen's for us to use? I was browsing them in the NW forum.

Xorn
April 5th, 2008, 16:07
So you will have pregen's for us to use? I was browsing them in the NW forum.

Yes, the connection info is going out in a PM right now, and the server will be up most of today. Feel free to hop on and claim one character.

I saw the Ranger was scooped up already. :)

Wraith
April 5th, 2008, 19:02
I took Kathra I really want to see the melee combat side of the whole thing.

Can we start right now?:D

Xorn
April 6th, 2008, 02:37
When you connect to the server, just claim one character. If you select all of them, then you "own" all of them and no one else can see them.

Corrin - Paladin
Erais - Cleric
Skamos - Wizard
Tira - Warlock

Those are the remaining characters, though Yelraf wants the Paladin, he stated.

Yelraf
April 7th, 2008, 15:49
Great game!!! Thanks to Xorn for running it for us.

Now I am even more anxious for 4e to come out.;)

OldWyrm
April 7th, 2008, 15:56
Fantastic game! Xorn did a great job and it was a very enjoyable sitting.