PDA

View Full Version : Beyond my ken

Kzach
March 31st, 2008, 06:03
I bought FG with grand designs of customising it's innards.

Then I tried.

Either I'm retarded or you have to have some pretty advanced knowledge to be able to do anything significant to the rules.

So much for my 4e character sheets.

tdwyer11b
March 31st, 2008, 11:04
The trick to learning, is to make small changes. Don't take too much at one time or you could spend awhile trying to track down the little thing that's stalling your ruleset.

I've got a couple rulesets under my belt now, started off like you, with no prior knowledge. Regardless, I'm still learning new tricks as well.

I'm not saying it's a quick process though, my 2e ruleset for 1.05f took me around 6 months to get working.

Valarian
March 31st, 2008, 11:41
Which games are you interested in? Is it just D&D4e? I think someone (Xorn?) has already done a character sheet for 4e.

If it's another game, it could be that someone has already done the work to create the character sheet for it at least. If you're lucky, they may have done the NPC sheets and combat tracker as well.

With Rules modules, you're on your own a bit as they contain actual rules and game material. They're fairly easy to do yourself though. The modules are zip files, containing XML formatted files. Copy and rename the .mod file to a .zip file, then open it up and have a look. There are several threads on creating rules modules on the board.