PDA

View Full Version : Screen Tint ability- mod request

unimatrixzero
March 30th, 2008, 22:56
Hi All
I just wondered how many ppl actually use the screen tint function during sessions and whether or not it could be put to better use. For example could a script be put together to randomly move between colours and for random intervals? I'm thinking maybe something to simulate a lightning storm or maybe coloured lights in a night club, flashing lights for emergency vehicles or warning lights.... Any ideas?

Thanks
Uni

Toadwart
March 31st, 2008, 00:51
Hmm, can't say I've used it much myself but has helped 'set the mood' on occasion.

Can't think of a way of doing a time-based event like that in lua code. No expert here but I don't think there is any lua 'timer' object available to us.

Might be able to simulate it by using an onHover (or similar) event and randomly determining whether or not to alter the tint.
It would change randomly whenever the gm (and/or) players moved the mouse but would not change if no one was moving their mouse.

Tokuriku
March 31st, 2008, 11:36
Nice Idea!

Sigurd
March 31st, 2008, 11:43
There might be some people who use the screen tint abilty but for me it just makes things harder to see.

"Night falls...."

Ok I believe ya. Making the screen more blue won't convince me.

- Sigurd

Toadwart
March 31st, 2008, 19:34
Yeah, I fiddled with the tinting to make it have less impact on the readability of text.

Don't think it's possible at present but an option whereby the background image of the desktop could be changed on the fly might be just as effective (or the chat window - which is probably doable already, though readability of the chat text would have to be considered)
A backfrop of a clear/stormy/night sky would help set the mood...