PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds: mass battle map

longarms
March 30th, 2008, 07:30
*possible spoiler by viewing the thumbnail*

I made this map to help me manage mass battles. There are a lot of modifiers to remember, and this map helps me with them. I think it also helps players understand what all the modifiers are without having to ask.

Its use should be fairly straightforward. The upper table corresponds to the "whispers from the pit" article on mass battles, and I intend on placing PC tokens on it to remember what everyone is doing. I would consider this upper table a spoiler for players, so I would recommend masking that portion of this map.

The tokens for the army are lined up in the columns, and as those tokens get destroyed, they can be removed. Also, the token representing the troop bonus associated with that army is also removed from the battle section, and a token representing a morale penalty is dragged into the moral section.

The tokens representing negative modifiers should be placed in the circles to simplify counting, whereas the tokens representing positve modifiers should be placed everywhere else.

One other thing: when a PC gives his side a battle bonus for the round, let the player drag a corresponding number of instances of his token from his PC's portrait into the battle area to track the PCs contribution to the modifiers.